Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

volume stuck wide open after 07 Tahoe Nav radio upgrade

Search this Thread

Old September 30th, 2008, 1:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default volume stuck wide open after 07 Tahoe Nav radio upgrade

I have picked up a vandalized 2007 Tahoe LT34WD 5.3 liter that originally came with CD/DVD/MP3 radio (UVA) and Bose premium speaker system (UQA). I am installing a Nav/CD/DVD Radio system (15940102), including Bose Amp (15913905) along with the center console, from a junked 07 Tahoe interior. I have access to junked vehicle's dash if there is anything I forgot. Installation went OK except none of the volume controls (on the radio and steering wheel)work. The system is stuck with volume wide open. DVD works, Nav needs map disk, GPS signal not working yet but have not worked alot on that. CD works and is also wide open volume.[/align][/align]All cables appear plugged properly in both radio and amplifier. Junked vehicle for Nav radio had 4th plug with 3 wires for rear cam this vehicle does not possess. Other 3 plugsgoing toradio seem wired exactly same except for wire 4 on plug number 1 (black plug). The junk vehicle had a voice recognition audio signal (UE1) on wire 4 that the current vehicle does not possess.[/align][/align]I have stumped 3 dealerships in Western NC with this so far. I am told the Tech 2 cannot find/connect to the amplifier. There is a stored code from the radio, DTC B0000 (Vehicle Speed Information Circuit Plausibility Failure). Troubleshooting suggests to check the serial data signal from the EBCM at > 3 mph. If good replace radio. If bad replace the EBCM.[/align][/align]Theories are:[/align][/align]1. Incompatible wiring[/align]2. Automatic volume control over-compensating for bad Vehicle Speed Information (Thinks vehicle is going extremely fast and turns up volume to cover sound of impending crash I assume)[/align]3. Bad Radio head unit[/align]4. Bad Bose Amp.[/align][/align]While my 15 year old son can see no problem, I would appreciate any reasonable suggestions on how to make this configuration work. I do have access to GM tech willing to tinker using the Tech 2 as needed.[/align][/align]Thanks in advance.[/align]
Old September 30th, 2008, 9:15 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts
Default RE: volume stuck wide open after 07 Tahoe Nav radio upgrade

Welcome to the Tahoe forum. Can't be much help but know that there is a speed signal to the Nav radio, think it's called VSS. There are several on this forum that can probably help.
Old September 30th, 2008, 9:42 PM
CF Active Member

Get the RPO codes from the donor tahoe. Reprogram your radio with TIS2WEB and build your vehilce follow the options with the RPO codes from the donor vehilce. The tech 2 should see the amp. If not then trace your data wires from the radio, to the amp. Connector C2 (black)pin8 orange goes to amp connector C3 (black)pin 11, also connector at amp C2 (black) pin 1 dark green data low speed goes to splice pack sp200 (Upper left corner of the I/P, near the parking brake assembly).
Old October 2nd, 2008, 10:15 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: nescience2

2. Automatic volume control over-compensating for bad Vehicle Speed Information (Thinks vehicle is going extremely fast and turns up volume to cover sound of impending crash I assume)
lol i love it
Old October 4th, 2008, 11:37 AM
CF Beginner

FIXED!!! It was incorrect programming; Y91 should have been disabled in 2 locations. Thank you to all who contributed! No more ear plugs, just an indignant15 year old who must suffer the horrible inconvenience of turning up the volume ****!

Thanks again!!
Old April 30th, 2009, 6:11 AM
CF Beginner

Default volume maxed out

I have the same issue just installed a 25834072 Nav unit in 2009 w/bose system everything seems to work except volume is pegged on everything. I had Y91 removed but still pegged.

Can anyone describe the 2 locations it needs to be edited or anyone have any suggestions.
Old May 2nd, 2009, 6:03 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by nescience2
FIXED!!! It was incorrect programming; Y91 should have been disabled in 2 locations. Thank you to all who contributed! No more ear plugs, just an indignant15 year old who must suffer the horrible inconvenience of turning up the volume ****!

Thanks again!!
Did a dealer have to fix that or can us with a fireware from a disk or something??
Old July 16th, 2009, 9:26 AM
CF Beginner

This issue was fixed by dealer using tech 2.
Do not know 2 locations that were modified.
Old May 19th, 2012, 5:03 PM
CF Beginner

Default Help with the programing steps

So lots of people have had this issue with nav upgrade and volumee issues. Can anyone tell me what the GM Tech did in the computer to fix? I installed a factory navigation in my Impala and everything works except chimes, turn signal sound and has no volume control, it is stuck on high!!!

What can I tell my Tech to do for this thing to work right? I have searched so many threads and evryone says its in them but I can't find the answer. Someone help!!!
Old May 21st, 2012, 7:43 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Why not take it to the dealer and let them program it?

Quick Reply: volume stuck wide open after 07 Tahoe Nav radio upgrade