Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

water keeps frying the blower motor regulator

Search this Thread

Old September 11th, 2015, 5:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water keeps frying the blower motor regulator

hello,
i can seem to find where the water is getting into the ac box on my 2005 1500 2wd chevy suburban, i have checked to make sure the drain is not pluged, i have even ran a fiber optic camera in there and can not see any water, also i left the blower motor regulator out and the gf decided to take it threw the car wash and no water came out, however when she turned the car hard a bunch of water came out.(like someone dumping a cup of water).also i have replaced the windshield because it had a small crack in it to make sure that is not it. totally frustrated with this any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
joel
Old September 11th, 2015, 7:55 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

pretty sure there is a tsb from gm engineering to fix this.
Old September 11th, 2015, 8:42 PM
CF Beginner

hello,
thanks for reply , i have been unable to find one. i have looked,should i take it to the dealer and ask, i am sure it being a 2005 the recall is out of date

thanks
joel
Old September 12th, 2015, 8:29 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

a tsb is not a recall. if you took it to the dealer you would have to pay for the repair.
Old September 15th, 2015, 9:44 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Splathapy
hello,
i can seem to find where the water is getting into the ac box on my 2005 1500 2wd chevy suburban, i have checked to make sure the drain is not pluged, i have even ran a fiber optic camera in there and can not see any water, also i left the blower motor regulator out and the gf decided to take it threw the car wash and no water came out, however when she turned the car hard a bunch of water came out.(like someone dumping a cup of water).also i have replaced the windshield because it had a small crack in it to make sure that is not it. totally frustrated with this any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
joel
Hello Splathapy,

We apologize that your Suburban has been experiencing this water concern, and can certainly understand how frustrating this situation must be. We are available and happy to assist in the best way possible. Please send us a private message with your VIN, mileage, full contact information and preferred dealership. We look forward to your response!

Have a wonderful day,

Helen
Chevrolet Customer Care
The following users liked this post:
caasperlee6468 (August 9th, 2022)
Old August 9th, 2022, 5:12 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2005 Chevy Silverado water leak into heater blower

I have the same problem, this has blown 3 blower motors and I still cannot find the leak into the fresh air intake. I have replaced the foam padding under the cowl and have caulked the access panel above the fresh air intake. What was the repair that GM came up with?

Last edited by caasperlee6468; August 9th, 2022 at 5:14 PM.
Old August 10th, 2022, 8:43 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 163 Likes on 152 Posts

Make sure the cowl drains on the ends are not plugged so the cowl area itself is draining.
Old August 10th, 2022, 5:04 PM
CF Beginner

Default Water into fresh air intake.

Originally Posted by repairman54
Make sure the cowl drains on the ends are not plugged so the cowl area itself is draining.
That was one of the first things that was checked before I dove deeper into the problem. Thank you.
Old January 4th, 2023, 6:13 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What "Drain" are we talkin that might be "plugged"?
Old January 4th, 2023, 6:15 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Forgive be, I ain't smart. What is a "tsb"?

Quick Reply: water keeps frying the blower motor regulator