Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

water leak 2003 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old December 17th, 2014, 1:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water leak 2003 Tahoe

I have water on drivers side floor anyone have an idea where its coming from and how do I go about fixing it.2003 Tahoe
Old December 17th, 2014, 2:18 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you know if it's antifreeze or condensation? If it's just condensation water, the drain for it may be plugged. I don't see how antifreeze could get on the driver side though.
Old December 17th, 2014, 4:46 PM
CF Beginner

it is definitely water.is it drain plugs for sunroof of else where? I steam cleaned under the hood,windsheild and everywhere I could reach with that hot water.still leaking,not sure how to get to these vents or drains
Old December 17th, 2014, 9:28 PM
CF Beginner

If it is a plugged sunroof drain, then weed eater string is your friend. Make sure to dull the end so that it is not sharp and then stuff in to the corners of the sunroof. I have no experience with the suburban sunroof, but the drains on my CTS plug from time to time. I have to get a flashlight and look into the corner for the hole. GENTLY push the weed eater string down the hole and measure how much string you can push in. If you can only push in a little then you have a plug, it you can push several feet, then it is not plugged, it is something else. Just sticking the weed eater string down the hole can move the plug....and sometimes it take some bravery and patients to push a bit harder to get the plug to move. Just know that if you push too hard that you could dislodge the hose from the sunroof connection and you will have to remove the head liner to reconnect. And this all goes from my experience working on other sunroofs..... I could be all wrong.
Old December 21st, 2014, 7:54 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Late for pizza
If it is a plugged sunroof drain, then weed eater string is your friend. Make sure to dull the end so that it is not sharp and then stuff in to the corners of the sunroof. I have no experience with the suburban sunroof, but the drains on my CTS plug from time to time. I have to get a flashlight and look into the corner for the hole. GENTLY push the weed eater string down the hole and measure how much string you can push in. If you can only push in a little then you have a plug, it you can push several feet, then it is not plugged, it is something else. Just sticking the weed eater string down the hole can move the plug....and sometimes it take some bravery and patients to push a bit harder to get the plug to move. Just know that if you push too hard that you could dislodge the hose from the sunroof connection and you will have to remove the head liner to reconnect. And this all goes from my experience working on other sunroofs..... I could be all wrong.

Super idea on the weed eater string as a cleaning rod for the sun roof drains ! I bet the .080 is perfect for that.....
Old March 13th, 2017, 3:55 PM
CF Beginner

I have a water leak on the driver floor. When it rains it drips off the emergency pedal.
Old March 13th, 2017, 11:51 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Look at my post Dec 16th, 11:37 Hardest thing was to get the wiper arms off so I could get the cowl grille off. Be sure to first look under the hood on each side that the rubber caps can let the trapped water out. Good luck. *BW*