what do you use on your Tahoe dash? - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

what do you use on your Tahoe dash?

CF Junior Member

Lafayette, LA

April 28th, 2010, 1:04 PM   #1  
what do you use on your Tahoe dash?

hey guys, just wondering what everyone thinks is the best for your dash.
I was just using the armoral cleaning wipes which just cleans the dash and leaves no shinny armorol or anything on the dash. Nothing sticks to it either. I also have used the vinyl cleaner in the tan bottle, i cant remember the name. I got some armorol protectant wipes and did the dash and door with that. I dont know if I like the gloss shine and look to it. I dont think armorol is even good for the dash. What you think?

CF Junior Member

April 28th, 2010, 3:53 PM   #2  
I use a damp rag on the top of the dash (you don't want any glare, so don't use any shine on this area), and lemon Pledge on the rest of the plastic/faux wood.

CF Junior Member

Lafayette, LA

April 29th, 2010, 8:15 AM   #3  
yea good idea, I took the armorol off last night and just used the cleaning wipes to make it dry with no shine now. much better. I like that vinyl cleaner also. Never tried the pledge on the wood but I will.
nice truck by the way.

CF Active Member

Ventura County USA

April 29th, 2010, 7:34 PM   #4  
Armor All isn't what I'd use. Try this:

http://www.303products.com/

Administrator

KC, MO area

April 29th, 2010, 8:01 PM   #5  
I wouldn't/don't use Armor-All on anything but the inner fender liners. It's just too nasty for anything else. Turns tires brown and stinks up the interior besides being greasy.

I have settled on Meguiar's products but to each his own.

CF Junior Member

Lafayette, LA

April 30th, 2010, 9:41 AM   #6  
yea i took the armorol off with a vinyl cleaner. I remembered why i dont like that greasy stuff on my dash. The cleaning wipes work well and leave no greasy armorol. I'd rather just my dull dash but clean.
I use black magic or tire foam on my tires but I live on a gravel road so it usually does not last long.

CF Active Member

Ventura County USA

April 30th, 2010, 10:41 PM   #7  
Check out the link I posted. It's not cheap, but once you read up on it and actually try 303, I think you'll be a believer.

CF Beginner

Stockton, CA

April 30th, 2010, 11:14 PM   #8  
I'm for 303 products also. A little pricy but I use on tires, dash, interior, any vinyl. Best stuff by far that I have found. No glare and seems to last a long time.

Administrator

Austin, Texas

May 2nd, 2010, 12:21 PM   #9  
Posted By: 73shark I wouldn't/don't use Armor-All on anything but the inner fender liners. It's just too nasty for anything else. Turns tires brown and stinks up the interior besides being greasy.

I have settled on Meguiar's products but to each his own.
Yep,
Cleaning and armor-all-ing the wheel wells is the secret to keeping a vehicle looking like it just came off the car lot... keeping the resonator on the exhaust clean is also another one..

I just use warm slightly soapy water wipe down the dash and interior, only use amror-all on the cup holder and console area..

Administrator

KC, MO area

May 2nd, 2010, 5:32 PM   #10  
Posted By: in2pro keeping the resonator on the exhaust clean is also another one..

I painted mine w/ hi-temp black paint. Almost makes it disappear.

Tags
Search this Thread
Sponsors