Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

What's GM's loaner vehicle policy?

Search this Thread

Old February 11th, 2008, 12:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's GM's loaner vehicle policy?

Haven't found anything on this. Is it that they (Dealer) will give you a loaner or rental if the vehicle is to be in the shop for more than 8 hrs for warranty or recall work?
Can someone please clarify.
Old February 11th, 2008, 2:25 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: What's GM's loaner vehicle policy?

The GM warranty does not provide for a loaner vehicle, however most dealers will offer a loaner or rental (free of charge) under certain circumstances.
You have to get the details from the dealer, it's best to go thru your salesperson or a manager if you need a loaner.
Old February 11th, 2008, 8:49 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From www.chevrolet.com, it seems to indicate that any part that is covered under the 5yr/100k powertrain warranty would have "alternate transportation" covered under the policy. Just last week, I had to have the water pump replaced while it was in for the 30k mile service. They gave me a rental from Enterprise for 2 days.

(excerpt from http://www.chevrolet.com/warranty/terms/#terms):

GM PROTECTION PLAN
The GM Protection Plan is the only vehicle service and maintenance contract endorsed by General Motors and brought to you by GMAC Insurance, the insurance people from GMAC. The GM Protection Plan offers mechanical coverage for the parts and labor costs of repairing covered vehicle components against failure — even if it results from wear and tear (except in Kentucky). Depending on the level of coverage, additional benefits may include:
[ul][*]Roadside Assistance Program[*]Alternate transportation[*]Towing[*]Basic maintenance coverage for specific maintenance needs [/ul]
Old February 11th, 2008, 9:14 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

The GMPP is an extended warranty that you can buy. I think ZX was saying that there wasn't a hard req't for a dealer to provide transportation if they keep the truck overnite.
Old February 12th, 2008, 6:54 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you. I will check with my dealer on this.