Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Where's the best location for a Bluetooth microphone in a 2007 Tahoe?

Search this Thread

Old November 23rd, 2008, 1:58 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where's the best location for a Bluetooth microphone in a 2007 Tahoe?

I just finished installing the Kenwood 7120 and that model has the external microphone and wanted some input about where everyone thinks would be the ideal position for the microphone...

Thanks... Gary
Old November 23rd, 2008, 7:51 AM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Where's the best location for a Bluetooth microphone in a 2007 Tahoe?

Front and center of the headliner near the Onstar mic. Drop the console down and run the wire through it and down an "A" pillar
Old November 23rd, 2008, 10:25 AM
CF Active Member

Default RE: Where's the best location for a Bluetooth microphone in a 2007 Tahoe?

Well I had to Google what an "A" pillar was but the first thing I hit on was an Ebay guide on installing a GPS unit on a Tahoe that didn't have the original factory GPS. It showed a earlier model 1999 but I'm hoping the install is about the same for me. It also showed a place for the factory GPS antenna underneath the front dash trim panel that goes up against the wind shield. Is that location also available for my antenna and is the installation shown the same as for me?

Here's the link: http://reviews.ebay.com/GM-Truck-SUV...00000004593584

Thanks again... Gary
Old November 23rd, 2008, 11:44 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Where's the best location for a Bluetooth microphone in a 2007 Ta

Yeah, I agree. This is where I mounted my microphone as well.

Here's the GM drawing and a couple of pictures. One is with the Onstar mic in position, the other is with the OnStar mic pulled out. I installed my mic in one side of the grill, and shifted the OnStar mic over in case I ever want to use it again.

Not sure where the pictures are. I embedded them in the post???????
Old November 23rd, 2008, 2:18 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: Where's the best location for a Bluetooth microphone in a 2007 Ta

I pulled the upper console down and I can see the squarish microphone. Seems like that could be easily converted to a 3.5 jack but that's not my question. It sounded like one of you guys just pulled it out of it's square mount and put yours in. Mine is a bit different shape. What do you guys recommend for this one. See picture.

Should it come outside of the console or just remove the thin covering on the other side that might have been for a microphone and leave it on the inside? Or as the one guy said put it where the other one was. This one has a different shape.

Thanks... Gary