Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Wind noise

Search this Thread

Old April 11th, 2008, 9:14 AM
davemec

Default RE: Wind noise

The whistling mirrors is a completely different issue that has been discussed here before. There is a TSB out for the problem where they install foam into the mirror housing to prevent the whistling.
Old January 2nd, 2010, 8:50 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wind Noise 2008 Tahoe

I'm glad to see this issue discussed here and I hope we can get the issues resolved at some point? Mine is similar to another owners problem: Mine sounds like a piece of paper/plastic is flapping in the lower part of the windshield. A head wind or high speed really makes it sound off. Not a serious issue, but it does bother me.
I have looked everywhere for something that could be causing this with no luck. I just onder if more sealant is needed on the windshield or ?
I will continue to watch this formum and if someone does find a solution, I sure hope they post it here.. The dealer has been of no help at all.

Thanks
Old January 29th, 2010, 3:36 PM
CF Beginner

I dont have the windsield issue but I have had the mirror wistle, there is a very thin piece of plastic (like a sandwich bag) inside where the mirror hinges I glued it down and fixed that one. I have had the hinges/bolts replaced and still have a little wind noise. The issue that i still have is when the heat/ac fan is on the doors actually wistle going down the road, wind does not matter.
Old May 25th, 2014, 12:55 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

noticed some wind noise in my 07and after researching i read that putting double sided tape under the stripping an either side of the windshield fixes this issue
Old December 20th, 2016, 6:15 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2015 Tahoe LT that has the air noise on the driver's side. When I put a piece of paper in between the body and the door while shutting it, I can easily pull the paper out with no resistance. When I do the same on the passenger side, it meets much more resistance and doesn't want to slide out so easily. So I think it has something to do with the door seals or the fit of the door to the frame. I've heard in other forums that changing the pin in the door hinges has done the trick while in others that it just made it worse. The same with the door moldings. I'm actually afraid of letting the dealer do anything, for fear of making it worse. But it's starting to drive me crazy. actually most success stories have been with my buddy the body shop owner, which I don't have. Most of the unsuccessful attempts have been with dealers. Right now I'm thinking it's the way the door fits into the frame. Any success stories with this issue and dealers?
Old December 26th, 2016, 8:21 AM
CF Junior Member

Having the same issue on my 2016 Tahoe LT..Have not figured out exactly where the noise is coming from..Sounds like passenger side front but just not sure yet..Did it all day yesterday on the turnpike at speeds between 60-75MPH.
Old April 4th, 2017, 8:43 AM
CF Active Member

I knew about the wind noise issues when I first bought the car but I neglected to deal with it for many years. It's from the front driver side door.
The 99 and 03 Suburban didn't have any wind noise issues.
I was about getting a new weatherstrip for the 10 Escalade frame but it doesn't seem like anyone here going with this route for the fix. Back to research mode...
Old April 5th, 2017, 7:37 AM
CF Junior Member

My wind noise came when I had 3K miles on my 2016 Hoe..Then the wind noise disappeared at 4K miles..Still waiting for it come back..I now have 8800 miles on it.

Last edited by Miami-Dade; April 5th, 2017 at 7:40 AM.
Old April 5th, 2017, 10:15 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Miami-Dade
My wind noise came when I had 3K miles on my 2016 Hoe..Then the wind noise disappeared at 4K miles..Still waiting for it come back..I now have 8800 miles on it.

You can try placing painters tape around the windshield seal, removing the wiper blades and then driving, do each as a separate item so you can identify the offender...
I would be suspicious of the wiper blades since yours went away...
Old April 5th, 2017, 4:32 PM
CF Active Member

Someone from MBWorld suggested spraying Silicon Lubricant around the windshield and on the weatherstrip. I sprayed a whole can on the rig but haven't take it out yet. Wanting to wait a few days for the silicon lubricant to dry off.

Quick Reply: Wind noise