Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Replacement Mirror Questions

Search this Thread

Old March 7th, 2011, 10:56 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement Mirror Questions

I would like to replace the passenger-side mirror due to a hair-line crack in the glass. I have a 2003 Suburban K1500 LS with power mirrors which are not heated nor have the puddle lamps, but found replacement sets on eBay with both those features.

Do vehicles with the heated-mirror option have a separate switch to turn the heat on or off, or are they 'on' all the time?

Would the puddle lamps work on these replacement mirrors, or is there a different wiring harness than my standard OEM one for that feature to work?

If neither feature worked due to my wiring harness not 'wired' for those two features, any harm in installing anyway?

Thank you-
Richard

Last edited by rjdjbd; March 7th, 2011 at 11:01 AM.
Old March 7th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

I think the mirror heat is tied to the defroster control. And you will probably have to add several wires to make the functions work.
Old March 8th, 2011, 6:05 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like the 'heat' is powered by the rear defroster, as the OEM ones do. Since my Suburban didn't come with heated mirrors as standard equipment, I would not gain that feature, which is okay with me. I do have the rear-window defroster, so it possible that could be wired to make it function. I was hoping someone could tell me if the mirror wiring harness has it already 'built-in', but just not functional on my model since it didn't have heated mirrors to begin with.

The mirrors I'm looking at are available as manual mirror adjustment / heated, and power mirror adjustment / heated.

Looks like no here has changed out the OEM mirrors for anything different.

Last edited by rjdjbd; March 8th, 2011 at 6:07 PM.