Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

04 Burben Climate Control Woes

Search this Thread

Old January 18th, 2017, 10:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 Burben Climate Control Woes

Hello all,
I'm new to the forum. I am a forum junkie in general but I haven't had a reason to join a Chevy forum until now. I am working on my sisters 04 Burben and I have a peculiar issue. This may be a common problem but anytime I try to search all I can seem to find is either blend door replacement or light replacement.
The issue is the digital climate controls. They are... funny. Seems to be a gremlin in there doing his thing. When I want to change the fan setting on either side, I turn the **** and the readout goes up then down or sometimes it doesn't change at all. I have to really work at it patiently to get it where I want. Seems to have a mind of its own. My sister has kids in the car and spending that much attention on the dash, just to turn the fan up, is dangerous. Also the A/C seems to be on everytime I start the car. Even if it was off when I turned the car off.
I'm wondering if I can just swap out the digital controls for the analog controls so I can be in control, not a computer.
I have a few other questions but I'll start with this one.
Thanks in advance, this is a very comprehensive forum.
Cheers, Tom