Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

2000 Tahoe brake question

Search this Thread

Old June 25th, 2016, 7:11 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think mine are stuck retracted in the front
Old June 26th, 2016, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by tech2
I thought 2500 series had hydroboost setups and 1500 series have vacuum boosters. there were a few exceptions with 6.oL engine packages in 1500 pu
You're probably right, it just seemed rather random to me.
Old June 26th, 2016, 7:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by jjmitch87
i think mine are stuck retracted in the front
try to press the pistons back with a piston tool...do not use a c-clamp and it will press back pretty much everything.
Old June 27th, 2016, 1:09 AM
CF Junior Member

once i get around to all this, ill try everything. i did some preliminary troubleshooting and found that the wire that connects to the brake fluid reservoir wasnt plugged in. i plugged ut in and my parking brake light stays lit even when not set, but setting it makes the light flash. if i unplug that connector the light is off and when i set the parking brake the light comes on and flashes. i rear that could mean the fluid level is low, but my brake fluid level is only about half an inch below the max line. i think that sensor is bad, so im gonna leave that unplugged. i tested some other stuff, and my calipers do move when the brakes are pushed, and the pedal holds pressure like it should. im gonna replace the pads and rotors on the front cuz ive already bought them, and probably the same on the rear as well as bleed the brakes and make sure the calipers move as they should (they squeak right now).

now if i could just get rid of the minor engine miss like stutter when idle while warmed up to normal temp, id be so happy .