Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

2003 Suburban Stereo Problems

Old March 22nd, 2011, 7:00 PM
apd
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Suburban Stereo Problems

I have a 2003 Suburban 1500 4x4 with a Bose 6 cd player, steering wheel controls, On-Star(inactive) audio system. Periodically, the radio will shut off by itself and switch back on almost immediately. I have not had a problem with the cd player, but I use it infrequently. This problem has occured sporadically maybe once a week over the last month after which I always have to reset the clock. It has always resolved itself and I have had to do nothing. I stopped to fill up for gas and when I started the truck again the radio was dead and wouldn't turn on by switching the on-off button and it hasn't reset itself. Checked the fuses but they are good. I checked the achive but had trouble locating this issue.
Thanks,
Andy
Old March 26th, 2011, 2:12 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by apd
I have a 2003 Suburban 1500 4x4 with a Bose 6 cd player, steering wheel controls, On-Star(inactive) audio system. Periodically, the radio will shut off by itself and switch back on almost immediately. I have not had a problem with the cd player, but I use it infrequently. This problem has occured sporadically maybe once a week over the last month after which I always have to reset the clock. It has always resolved itself and I have had to do nothing. I stopped to fill up for gas and when I started the truck again the radio was dead and wouldn't turn on by switching the on-off button and it hasn't reset itself. Checked the fuses but they are good. I checked the achive but had trouble locating this issue.
Thanks,
Andy
with what you are describing it sounds like a power issue. did you notice it kicking off when you hit a bump or something?

I would look at your wiring first. might go into the wheel controls too if you've got a on/off button there.

:chug: