Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Suburban LTZ - Electical Issues

Old March 17th, 2012, 1:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down 2007 Suburban LTZ - Electical Issues

Hello,

I have had my 2007 Suburban for almost two years and love it! But, about a month ago, I started seeing minor electrical issues. The driver's seat stopped moving back when exiting the vehicle. Shortly after, the 'memory' positions would not function when pushed. It seems that nothing would happen once they were pushed.

Yesterday, the problems escalated. While driving at night, all of the dashboard lights flickered, along with the RPM gauge (the one that I noticed) and the tire monitoring system alarmed. But, the engine did not miss. Function seemed unaffected, except for my heart rate!

After arriving at our destination, I turned it off, removed the key and opened the driver's door to exit. All of the interior lights, the dashboard lights and radio did not turn off - as they should have. I restarted the car and repeated the exit procedure. Everything turned off, but when I tried to lock the car with the remote, all doors locked - except the driver's door.

Something is definitely wrong here. Any suggestions on what to start looking at? I'm not too comfortable just dropping it off at the dealer and letting them have a 'go' at it.

Thanks - Chris
Old March 17th, 2012, 3:55 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

I'd try disconnecting the battery for ten minutes. Short the cables after disconnecting.
Old March 19th, 2012, 10:53 AM
CF Beginner

73shark,

If I disconnect the battery, am I going to need to have some 'security code' to reactivate my radio/NAV system? I've had that problem before in another car, and I'd like to avoid a dealer call, if possible.

Thanks - Chris
Old March 19th, 2012, 2:31 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Chris Pattberg,

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble with your Suburban vehicle. Has there been any after-market equipment installed on the vehicle? It's possible there is a poor connection due to a probing fuse or relay connector. This is just a suggestion, not a diagnosis.

I encourage you to have the vehicle inspected by a certified technician. They should be able to offer additional information and repair options.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old March 20th, 2012, 11:26 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2007 Suburban LTZ - Electical Issues

Louis,

There are no aftermarket items that have been installed. It is just as it came from the factory.

Thanks - Chris
Old March 20th, 2012, 1:09 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Chris Pattberg
73shark,

If I disconnect the battery, am I going to need to have some 'security code' to reactivate my radio/NAV system? I've had that problem before in another car, and I'd like to avoid a dealer call, if possible.

Thanks - Chris
No. Not req'd.
Old March 26th, 2012, 6:55 PM
CF Beginner

Default Ongoing Electrical Issues

73shark,

I've disconnected the battery and shorted the cables together. I left them off for about 10-15 min. But, I still seem to have intermittent electrical glitches - driver door controls sometimes don't work, all dash gauges flicker on/off - but, it doesn't seem to affect the operation of it.

Any other suggestions??
Old March 26th, 2012, 8:25 PM
Administrator

None other than Louis' suggestion.
Old May 12th, 2015, 8:26 AM
CF Beginner

Default Trouble shooting possible electrical problems

Indicator light reads "Service Battery Charging System," I have had the battery, alternator and starter checked...all are fine!!! Any suggestions as to where I should go to next?
Old May 12th, 2015, 2:59 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by $johnson2
Indicator light reads "Service Battery Charging System," I have had the battery, alternator and starter checked...all are fine!!! Any suggestions as to where I should go to next?
Welcome to the forum...
Where they checked with a volt meter or where they load tested?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2007 Suburban LTZ - Electical Issues