Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

2008 Tahoe Front Blower not working

Search this Thread

Old July 25th, 2016, 11:38 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Tahoe Front Blower not working

Today the front blowers on my 2008 Tahoe LTZ stopped working. A couple of days ago, the driver side blew HOT air while the passanger and rear was ice cold. When I turned it off and back on, everything seemed to be working fine again. But tonight, it is not blowing anything--hot or cold on either the passagner or driver side. The rear AC works fine. The controls appear to be working, but the front blowers will not turn on reguardless of the temperature or fan speed. I tried disconnecting the battery and then reconnecting. That didn't fix it. Just wondering what I should try next. Any suggestions?
Old July 26th, 2016, 8:33 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Boddie

Today the front blowers on my 2008 Tahoe LTZ stopped working. A couple of days ago, the driver side blew HOT air while the passanger and rear was ice cold. When I turned it off and back on, everything seemed to be working fine again. But tonight, it is not blowing anything--hot or cold on either the passagner or driver side. The rear AC works fine. The controls appear to be working, but the front blowers will not turn on reguardless of the temperature or fan speed. I tried disconnecting the battery and then reconnecting. That didn't fix it. Just wondering what I should try next. Any suggestions?
Hi there Steve,

We regret to hear about this blower concern you're experiencing with your Tahoe. I understand you're seeking advice from fellow forum members, however, should you decide to take it into your dealership for a diagnosis, please private message us and we would be more than happy to assist you!

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old July 26th, 2016, 3:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hi there Steve,

We regret to hear about this blower concern you're experiencing with your Tahoe. I understand you're seeking advice from fellow forum members, however, should you decide to take it into your dealership for a diagnosis, please private message us and we would be more than happy to assist you!

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care
I have similar issue on 2007 Yukon, blower in front quit working, however blower in rear works still even thru mater control up front. Any help/ideas? Vin # 1GKFC13C87R333991