Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

Brake Pads and Rotors for 2007 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old February 10th, 2017, 1:11 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Pads and Rotors for 2007 Tahoe

What are the BEST/REASONABLE replacement part for OEM brake pads/rotors for a 2007 Tahoe? Metal or Ceramic?
Old February 11th, 2017, 12:22 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by dab7547
What are the BEST/REASONABLE replacement part for OEM brake pads/rotors for a 2007 Tahoe? Metal or Ceramic?
I just changed my front Sturt's w/ auto ride Z55 suspension (What a nightmare pain in the A$$) and completed a full brake job. Stay with ceramic if you can and your brands will vary. I use Wagner TQ because they stay SSSSSHHHHH quiet... Also i like the way they are styled. As in the sides are shaved down so as to not pull any contamination and start scarring up my rotors. But always always handle your brake parts with very clean gloves on and no oil or grease residue. In addition to all of this i usually take 5 minutes and 100 grit sand paper and brush the edges all the way around (and in the middle) my new pads just to make sure there are NO high spots. I change my pads every 35k or so (the old pad is only 3/4 used) and so far i have only turned my rotors 2. Now i purchased (from Summit Racing) slotted and drilled rotors the first time i did my brakes and it was only the front two. Simply to keep the heat down and the wear and tear off the pads. Not bad for 184k miles on the "Ol wagon"...,
Old February 15th, 2017, 11:16 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for your suggestion, will look into it.