Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful ThreadsThis section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.
Welcome to Chevrolet forum!
Welcome to Chevrolet forum,
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Chevrolet forum today!
2000 Chevrolet Tahoe - 2WD | Sierra, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe, Yukon (VIN C/K) Service Manual |
Document ID: 546545
Fuel Pressure Regulator Replacement
Caution: Unless directed otherwise, the ignition and start switch must be in the OFF or LOCK
position, and all electrical loads must be OFF before servicing any electrical component.
Disconnect the negative battery cable to prevent an electrical spark should a tool or
equipment come in contact with an exposed electrical terminal. Failure to follow these
precautions may result in personal injury and/or damage to the vehicle or its components.
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Remove the engine sight shield.
3. Relieve the fuel system pressure. Refer to Fuel Pressure Relief .
4. Disconnect the fuel pressure regulator vacuum line.
5. Clean any dirt from the fuel pressure regulator retainer and the surrounding area.
6. Remove the fuel pressure regulator retainer (8).
7. Remove the fuel pressure regulator (9) from the fuel pressure regulator housing.
1. Install the backup ring (10) on the fuel pressure regulator (9).
2. Install the new large O-ring (11) on the fuel pressure regulator.
3. Install the regulator filter (12) on the fuel pressure regulator.
4. Install the new small O-ring (13) on the fuel pressure regulator.
5. Lubricate the fuel pressure regulator large O-ring and the small O-ring with clean engine oil.
6. Push the fuel pressure regulator into the regulator housing on the fuel rail.
7. Install a new fuel pressure regulator retainer (8).
8. Connect the fuel pressure regulator vacuum line.
9. Connect the negative battery cable.
10. Tighten the fuel filler cap.
11. Inspect for leaks.
12. Install the engine sight shield.
11.1. Turn ON the ignition for 2 seconds.
11.2. Turn OFF the ignition for 10 seconds.
11.3. Turn ON the ignition .
11.4. Inspect for fuel leaks.