Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

instrument cluster questions and more

Search this Thread

Old March 1st, 2017, 10:59 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default instrument cluster questions and more

hey all. 2000 burb here. my odometer and PRNDL area has stopped working, going to attempt to fix this weekend. my question is, since i have the non HD trans US version of the cluster, what in the heck is in the space for where the US HD trans version trans temp gauge is? the place right below the light that comes on when coolant is low or oil is low or security. it looks like 2 separate lights but mine have never come on even when turning key to run. is there even anything that is supposed to come on there? on an unrelated note, everything else works fine BUT there is a connector that goes to my brake fluid reservoir that is not plugged in, im assuming its for brake fluid level. if i plug that connector in, my brake light flashes, and when i push the brake pedal down it goes on solid. (not the e brake/parking brake light though) but there doesnt seem to be anything wrong with my brakes (aside from the normal GM crappy brake feel) and the fluid level is fine. any ideas on that?

unrelated, but i bought a pair of stainless headers complete with cats and y pipe for stupid cheap tonight, gonna try and get those on in the next couple of weeks but im not confident the studs wont break when i remove the factory manifolds. they dont look too good and i should probably replace those when i put the new headers on. my factory cats are junk and even though i dont need to pass emissions in MA it was cheap enough where i dont care if they are there for now. my friend and i are starting to plan a 6.0 swap since im gonna be keeping this thing, and worse comes to worse if something happens i can get something else that will adopt everything im doing, as there is plenty out there.