Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

Low speed vibration in Suburban

Search this Thread

Old November 18th, 2016, 9:31 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Low speed vibration in Suburban

I bought a 2016 Suburban and have 11,000 miles on it. My question is about a low to mid speed vibration throughout the body. When ever you decelerate and hit that 30 mph to 45mph you get a very annoying vibration until you give it more gas. I am told by my dealer that the 22 inch tires have something to do with it and it is also the nature of the vehicle. I have driven Tahoe's for the last 7 years and this is my first Suburban and if I can't get this vibration fixed it will be my last one also. Anyone else have or heard of the same problem?
Old November 18th, 2016, 12:00 PM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

Isn't it still under warranty? Regardless of the cause, the dealer needs to fix the problem!
Old November 18th, 2016, 2:59 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by bfritz
I bought a 2016 Suburban and have 11,000 miles on it. My question is about a low to mid speed vibration throughout the body. When ever you decelerate and hit that 30 mph to 45mph you get a very annoying vibration until you give it more gas. I am told by my dealer that the 22 inch tires have something to do with it and it is also the nature of the vehicle. I have driven Tahoe's for the last 7 years and this is my first Suburban and if I can't get this vibration fixed it will be my last one also. Anyone else have or heard of the same problem?
Nope, it is NOT the nature of the vehicle. The 22 inch wheels are aftermarket so, it could be balance issue.
Old November 18th, 2016, 4:14 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Bfritz: Welcome to the forum. Are the 22" wheels OEM or aftermarket? Either way, I'd recommend getting them road force balanced.
Old November 19th, 2016, 9:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

can't see how tire and wheels can cause a vibration on decel. seems move like a driveline issue.
have the dealer measure the vibration with a eva vibration analyzer. wheel and driveline resonate at an entirely difference hertz frequency.
Old November 25th, 2016, 7:09 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks, that is exactly what I tried to tell them. Still working on it.
Old November 25th, 2016, 7:10 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 73shark
Bfritz: Welcome to the forum. Are the 22" wheels OEM or aftermarket? Either way, I'd recommend getting them road force balanced.
The 22" tires are OEM, came on the vehicle.
Old November 25th, 2016, 7:11 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by tech2
can't see how tire and wheels can cause a vibration on decel. seems move like a driveline issue.
have the dealer measure the vibration with a eva vibration analyzer. wheel and driveline resonate at an entirely difference hertz frequency.
Thanks, I will mention this to the service manager.