Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

navigation upgrade

Search this Thread

Old January 30th, 2017, 5:41 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default navigation upgrade

I may have posted a thread on here at an earlier date about upgrading to a new navigation disc for my OnStar system. I own a 2008 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 4wd LT3 edition. The navigation system has worked perfectly until this past month. In using the OnStart representative to inquire about getting a new disc they directed me to and switched me over to Infotainment@gm. I spoke with a representative and he informed me that a replacement disc for my system would cost just under $180. Part number is 23286273. I am not able to purchase one through the GM employee warehouse discount system. I am curious if there is any other place I can pick up a replacement (upgrade) disc at a lesser cost. Would appreciate some feedback on this issue. I do a lot of out state travel and use it often. Plus, I would like to keep my Suburban as it was when I purchased it. It has had a new rear end installed, new motor, all new suspension parts both front and back along with new brake rotors, CV axles, and wheel bearings within the last 9 months. I plan on selling my Suburban in the near future or trade it in for a ZR2 Colorado Crew Cab with a diesel engine. So, would just like to keep the Suburban as original as possible when selling. Can't believe that an upgrade navigation disc would cost $180 before taxes.
Old January 30th, 2017, 11:03 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

I got my last one on eBay for about $80. It's a genuine GM DVD. You'll need to make sure what the latest version is so you can get it and not an old version.
Old February 5th, 2017, 12:37 PM
CF Active Member

Default Navigation disc found on Amazon.

Thanks for your help Shark. After some online searching on both e-Bay and Amazon I found the most recently updated version of the Navigation CD for my Suburban. Cost was just as you mentioned and a hundred bucks less than ordering through other channels I was referred to. Only downside is waiting as I believe it is either being sent from Germany or Japan. Will let you know how it turns out after I get the new disc.

Yogi.
Old February 5th, 2017, 4:48 PM
CF Senior Member

Maybe try garage sales, thrift stores, pawn shops, salvage yards might have a random one in a smashed car(?)
Old February 9th, 2017, 8:28 AM
CF Active Member

Default New updated CD navigation disc installed

Back on here just to inform anyone reading this thread/post that the new CD navigation disc functions as I had hoped. It arrived within a week and is an OEM disc. My original was a version 3 and the updated replacement is a Version 9. After inserting the disc, the navigation system took a little time to load the new information. With one exception everything looks the same in the in dash monitor. Using the system I noticed that the arrows directing you to use an exit had a slight variation in looks. The only other change was the font size for the time had increased in size. Other than that the disc works great.

Yogi.
Old February 9th, 2017, 11:37 AM
CF Senior Member

Good luck 🍀