Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

Need to Upgrade the '16 Burb!

Search this Thread

Old January 29th, 2017, 3:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to Upgrade the '16 Burb!

Hey what's up, just bought a Summit White 2016 Burb last night and am looking for a couple things.

I want to remove the exterior chrome as much as possible and get all those pieces in Summit White. Is there a website or something that sells the front trim around the grill/lights? A white Bowtie? White/Black Letters etc...?

Also, I want to convert to HID/Xenon and there are a ton of kits out there, which ones are the best PLUG & PLAY (I can hack wires and make things work but I'd rather not). Or is it better to go with stock headlights (if they made stock 15-17 HID headlights)?

Last, is there a wheel thread on here for the 11th gen Tahoe/Suburban to get some ideas on wheels?

Thanks in advance

S_Bull
Old January 30th, 2017, 8:26 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

probably easier to get a quote from a body shop to paint the plastic/chrome pieces. bowtie's you can probably buy white.
Old January 31st, 2017, 12:27 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tech2
probably easier to get a quote from a body shop to paint the plastic/chrome pieces. bowtie's you can probably buy white.
Cool thanks, turns out a family member knows a guys who can vinyl wrap the bowties, grill, and window trims; also i'm looking into having the stock wheels powder coated black, is only going to cost about $400 for all 4. Thanks again for the reply.

Anyone know anything about upgrading to HID low and high beams? What kit to use, what wattage, is a CANbus needed? ETC... thanks in advance.

S_Bull