Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

New to Suburban - need help with P0742 code

Search this Thread

Old January 26th, 2017, 12:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Suburban - need help with P0742 code

Bought an 09 1500 Suburban LT with a lot miles. Tranny has been rebuilt last 30-40K miles but they did observe intermittent stalling (maybe once a month) when coming to a stop sign. Owner didnt' seem to be too bothered by it. I've put about 500 miles on it since I bought and have had a few instances where it seemed like it stalled or wanted to surge when coming to a stop. But never stalled. Put about 90 mines on it today and about a mile from home I got a CEL. Pulled it up and it's a P0742 code.

Transmission fluid was just flushed/filled in the past 2 months... Filter was replaced during the rebuilt. I was told that they didn't replace the TCC solenoid at the time. Truck drove fine even after the CEL came on.

Would like to go ahead and replace the TCC solenoid to rule that out (which seems to be the likely culprit). Has anyone done this before? It's is a simple drop the pan, remove and replace procedure? The truck has a 6L80 transmission.

Thanks!