Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevy Trucks, SUV's, Crossovers & Vans > Tahoe & Suburban > Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2010, 08:10 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the forum.

I suspect that even when you get it wired, you'll probably still need to go to a dealer to get it programmed.
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
2010 Sheer Silver Tahoe LTZ (all options but sunroof, power boards), GM (body color flaps, rear console, 3rd row mat, 2-Way Remote, chrome gas door, Esky rack), Eagle Eye LED tails, SLP dual tip exhaust, Silver bow-ties/rear wiper, Catch-All mats, AlphaTherm washer fluid heater, Putco chrome mirror covers, silver calipers, board chrome trim, tint, GMPP Major Guard

2007 Black Tahoe LTZ (Sold),
(GM flaps-$15, Lund Step Tubes-$80-For Sale)
Old 07-28-2010, 12:29 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the welcome. I just bought my 2010 Silverado in early June.

Well I've been told that with the Backup Camera displaying in the rear view mirror that I would not have to get that programmed. I don't mind running the wires myself, I just have been reading through the forums about it and one guy who has an 09 Sierra without the comfort and convenience package (that includes the prewiring for the mirror) wired it himself, but he not longer posts on the forum. I read the instructions from autostrata.com about hooking up their "OEM mirror kit" and it has some instructions about running wires from the MBEC to the mirror harness. If anyone has successfully done this please let me know. Thanks
20" Rims, 6" Oval Running boards, Spray-In Bedliner, Reverse Back-up Sensors, Onstar
Interior Plus Package - Dual Climate Controls, In Dash USB, Steering Wheel Controls, Bluetooth
Old 08-01-2010, 10:46 PM
CF Beginner

Default camera install??

Hi guys, been reading for a while but this is my first post. I have a 2007 Tahoe LTZ and I am trying to install the backup camera. I dont want to break the back panel when trying to remove it (i.e. the one that is directly above the license plate with the Chevy bowtie on it) Do any of you have any advice on how to remove it? Do I need to unscrew the bulb cases? Any threads you can point me to with pics? All the ones i have found have the pics removed. THanks.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:07 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the forum. Hope my PM info helped.
2010 Sheer Silver Tahoe LTZ (all options but sunroof, power boards), GM (body color flaps, rear console, 3rd row mat, 2-Way Remote, chrome gas door, Esky rack), Eagle Eye LED tails, SLP dual tip exhaust, Silver bow-ties/rear wiper, Catch-All mats, AlphaTherm washer fluid heater, Putco chrome mirror covers, silver calipers, board chrome trim, tint, GMPP Major Guard

Old 08-02-2010, 02:24 PM
CF Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
Welcome to the forum. Hope my PM info helped.
I found it...thanks for the help Shark!
HOW TO: Adding a back-up camera to an 07+ C\K SUV
Old 08-15-2010, 01:32 PM
CF Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by genestoy View Post
For those that may be interested I did have to have the radio flashed for the back-up camera. The tech that originally did the flash after I installed the nav radio said that he looked for a camera in the RPO codes in the glovebox and that is what they go by. So anybody thinking they may want to add a camera later should tell the dealer to also flash it for the camerea even though you don't have one, and yes they CAN do it without the camera hooked up as my camera is not installed yet and the camera function in the nav radio works fine now!
Here is the info from the dealer computer -- the nav unit with no camera was originally flashed with the code #15260990 which means no camera and was then flashed to code #15260994 which is "For Avalanche/Escalade EXT with RPO UVC". This was for the Bose with Bose upgraded speaker package and no rear DVD/Entertainment system.
Does anyone know the code for a 07 Escalade with nav, cam, and rse? It was all added at he dealer and they can't get the cam to activate. The camera came in a new kit that gm has now that is the cam, harnesses, and module all in one box with install instructions. It however did not come with programming instructions, and their master techs can't get it figured out. They have had my car for going on a month now.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:32 AM
CF Addict

Hello all!

Anyone have the factory rear view mirror camera and also made it display on the navigation screen too? If so what is process, wiring, etc? I am adding factory nav soon to my 2010 Yukon and want it to display on mirror as well as nav screen. Please let me know if this info already exists. If not TELL ME HOW NOW .
Old 12-11-2010, 11:34 PM
Administrator

This is the first I've heard of this. Good luck.

Old 12-12-2010, 01:12 AM
CF Active Member

Send a message via MSN to QUETRANPA

my question is why are you going to pay an extra amount of money for a mirror to display the image from your camera if you have the navigation? I understand that is an option if you don't have navigation, but why have both?
anyway in my case i have a '07 silverado LT no Bose, and i got a navi unit from a guy on craigslist here in nc, which I installed myself, then I printed the instructions on here on how to program it and took them to the dealer, left the truck there and went to work, a few hours later they called me and told me that it was up and running,
I guess they saw on the floor my monitor for the back up camera (the one I got at samsclub) and they realized that I use a back up camera and programed the head unit for a back up camera too, so i got a nice back up camera with night vision on ebay for 1c plus $17 shipping, total $17.01 which I installed myself with a harness that I got on ebay too, and the whole thing is working like it was installed from the factory!!!!!!!!!!
I guess is pure luck or I don't know but I don't know why many guys are having alot of trouble installing a back up camera, if it was very simple to me.
anyway I will post part #'s of the stuff I got in case you guys want to do the same install, let me know if you have any questions.

'07 silverado z71 - black - upgraded to navi unit
'05 colorado (my son drives it )
'04 trailblazer (just sold it to my sis)
'03 silverado fully loaded (traded in for the '07)
Old 12-12-2010, 09:21 AM
CF Addict

Quetranpa,
My vehicle had a factory build with the camera via the rear view mirror. I am adding factory nav and want the camera to display on the nav unit TOO.

A camera install is simple, and I was one of the first on the site to complete the installation of an aftermarket camera to a nav unit.

I want the camera to display on the nav unit because I am not impressed with the viewing angle through the rear view mirror. It is obviously smaller, but it also is a much more deceiving image. It doesnt provide a very wide image, seems as if it is distorted. It could just be my opinion, or seems like it is distorted because of the smaller viewing area.

I know this would be possible, I am guessing I would need to hook into the rca that comes with the VSS kit. However, I need to know where the positive/negative wire is from the camera to the mirror that I can easily tap into.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:21 AM

Tags
15173619, 2007, backup, camera, denali, gm, gmc, image, kit, module, nav, oem, part, parts, radio, traverse, uvc, xl