Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

reprogram list for 07s

Old December 3rd, 2006, 2:25 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default reprogram list for 07s

Now that we are getting some stickys I would like to see a pure thread of the symtoms and the reprograms necessary to fix it for the 07s.

For example the switches on the drivers doors and pass door have had isssues and Dave suggested a reprogram fix. This may or may not have helped the mirror turn signal and puddle lights. Same appplies to other small issues. Of course this will take some help from ZX (as usual) but would really help get the right fix the first time at dealer.

Old December 3rd, 2006, 3:28 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: reprogram list for 07s

Good idea. I'll throw it up to the top...

Also, let's get a DTC (diagnostic trouble code) sticky going too...
Old December 5th, 2006, 7:45 PM
CF Veteran

Thanks for the sticky. I was hoping Dave would be kind enough to fill this thread with valuable info. He's too busy answering our current issues to retrace the old ones.I'm gonna bring some info he provided here via new posts.

Everyone, feel free to locate and bring forward any REPROGRAMMING info for 07 issues...
Old December 5th, 2006, 7:49 PM
CF Veteran

Key fob issues.

Vehicle not responding or responding intermittently to remote:

"The keyless entry problem that you describe may be two bad transmitters, some of the first batch (old stock) of transmitters shipped to GM were faulty and need to be replaced under warranty in reference to #PIC3764J."

There is a service bulletin as of the 8th (Nov) about the Keyless entry going into sleep mode. Removing the fuse is the only solution until the update is available for the keyless entry module...The tech told me the TSB referred to in this thread has been updated on 11/20

This problem has been identified by GM, what is causing this is the Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (RCDLR) will stop working when the vehicle Serial Data Bus goes to sleep (about 12-15 minutes after power off and last door closed).

This fix is to have the dealer reprogram the RCDLR with the latest software available in TIS (New S/W released 9/18/06).
If this doesn’t fix the problem then the RCDLR will need to be replaced and reprogrammed.

Give the dealer this info:TSB #PIC3764N - (10/11/2006) Document ID# 1866294

Old December 5th, 2006, 7:53 PM
CF Veteran

Low volume on Nav radios:

Now, there is an update for Navigation stereo’s that suffer from low volume, this fix can be found in TIS version 2.75 and later, have the dealer install the latest software for the fix. If you turn the volume all the way up and the sound level does not reach an uncomfortable level for a reasonable and prudent adult person, now if you're a real head-banger then it may never reach that level.

What you should do if you are the owner of a 2007 Tahoe with Navigation is during your next stop at the Chevy dealer have the service advisor write a repair order up for "low stereo volume", ask them to make certain that your vehicle has TIS version 2.75 or later and also check for any other software updates that may be available, these are covered under warranty if you tell them a symptom that you have that corresponds to an update.

Old December 5th, 2006, 7:57 PM
CF Veteran

Puddle light on mirrors:

the fold away mirrors. These mirrors are equiped with a small light under the bottom that shines downward to see your footing at night. We have reprogramed the DIC numerous times but the light will only light up when you unlock the vehicle using the remote. When you exit the vehicle it won't light up. I was wondering if everybody's 07' Tahoe with these style mirrors performed the same way. Tahoe #1 worked both entering and exiting for a short period until the exiting quit. The Dealership worked on it but they couldn't get it to work either. I have the same mirrors on my 03' Silverado and they work both ways and have never had a problem with them. Is this the way the 07' Tahoes are supposed to work or do we have our first problem? Thanks in advance for any help that y'all may give.

Have the dealer reprogram the driver door switch (DDS) and passenger door switch (PDS) using SPS and Pass-Thru method, with updated software calibrations.
Been having some issue with these little guys holding data correctly lately.

One error that dealers are commonly making when the reprogram the modules with these updated calibrations is that some are not using the Pass-Thru method.
You may want them to try it again and stress that they need to use the Pass-Thru method to complete this proceedure.
Old December 5th, 2006, 8:05 PM
CF Veteran

New tire and rim size:

I also had the 17" wheels swapped out by the dealer for the OEM 20"'s on my new 2007 1LT Tahoe 4X4

They contacted GM Tech Assist for an updated VCI code to program into the ECM, the program not only recalibrates the tire diameter but it sets the correct algorithm for the ABS and Stabilitrak system as well.
Highly recommended and expect to pay .5 – 1 hours labor for the VCI update.
Old December 5th, 2006, 8:08 PM
CF Veteran

No incoming calls to ONstar:

Have your dealer reference Document ID# 1848870 / #PIC4140 for the repair on your inability to receive incoming calls on your OnStar hands free calling system.
Old December 5th, 2006, 8:12 PM
CF Veteran

No or limited display on radio after start up:

Does anyone have this problem? I turn on my tahoe and the clock does not appear.
Another thing I noticed is if I turn on the Tahoe with the remote starter, turn off the Tahoe then turn it back on with the key the XM, CD, Clock and AUX do not show up.

The clock will not appear up until that radio has acquired a "GPS" signal which can take a couple of minutes after start-up.

The other two issues are addressed in a TIS software calibration (part # 15260985) update that your dealer can download into your unit under warranty.
Old December 5th, 2006, 8:20 PM
CF Veteran

Signal mirrors quit signalling:

There is an issue in the software program, have the dealer install new calibration software 15906868 for the PDS Driver and Passenger Door Switch Module. This will resolve the issue.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: reprogram list for 07s