Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

reprogram list for 07s

Old December 5th, 2006, 8:25 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: reprogram list for 07s

Vibrating Driver's side mirror:

Not a reprogramm but a TSB... oops

If recycling the mirror does not fix the problem have your dealer take a look at Service Bulletin Document ID# 1852141 That reads:

Condition
Some customers may comment that the left outside mirror glass shakes or flutters at normal driving speeds.

Cause
• The mirror may have been accidentally pushed in manually or obstructed while folding.

• The mirror actuator screws may be loose, allowing the mirror to move.

• The metal spring may not have enough tension to hold the mirror from moving.

Correction
Follow the procedure below to correct this condition.

The power folding mirrors should be cycled three times to relearn position. Then perform a road test and check the mirror glass for stability. If stability is not fixed, proceed to step 2.
Remove the mirror glass. Refer to Mirror Face Replacement in SI.
Check the torque on the four retaining screws on the actuator.
Tighten
Tighten the screws to 1.13-1.6 N·m (10-14 lb in).

Bend the metal spring up to increase tension engagement to the mirror housing 13 mm (1/2 in).
Install the glass assembly by pressing firmly, taking care not to allow the spring finger to unseat from its intended track in the mirror housing. Road test the vehicle. If stability is not improved, replace the mirror assembly. Refer to Power Mirror Replacement in SI.

TSB #06-08-64-027 Deals with this issue on the new 2007 Tahoe.
Old December 6th, 2006, 2:46 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: tahoe07

No or limited display on radio after start up:

Does anyone have this problem? I turn on my tahoe and the clock does not appear.
Another thing I noticed is if I turn on the Tahoe with the remote starter, turn off the Tahoe then turn it back on with the key the XM, CD, Clock and AUX do not show up.

The clock will not appear up until that radio has acquired a "GPS" signal which can take a couple of minutes after start-up.

The other two issues are addressed in a TIS software calibration (part # 15260985) update that your dealer can download into your unit under warranty.
When this happens do you have sound coming out of the stereo? An audible click from the turn signals, or sound from the OnStar?
Old December 6th, 2006, 11:41 PM
CF Veteran

These are not my symtoms or fixes. This is from old threads and brought forward as a convenience.

I can look up the thread for you but a quick search should find it and you can research with actual "victim"

Thread you referenced
Old December 7th, 2006, 12:44 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Power lift tailgate on 2007 LTZ
The power lift option will not work in the cold in either direction. It does not function in the cold weather because it senses resistance from the cold pistons. (see thread:https://chevroletforum.com/m_12257/tm.htm)(Cold weather is here and...)
I am assuming that is correct because if the power system senses "blockage" then it stops, as designed. I understand the physics, however it makes the power lift feature useless in the winter in NY. Please confirm, thanks.

Solution:
Old February 16th, 2007, 1:35 PM
CF Senior Member

POWER LIFTGATE OPENS BY ITSELF WHEN PARKED. WILL NOT OPEN IF LOCKED.

Myself and DEI have had this issue. After a few trips to the dealer it was determined that the switch on the rear hatch was faulty. Switch has been replaced and no more issues. Hope this helps avoid any future issues.
Old March 18th, 2007, 1:58 AM
CF Beginner

I replaced my factory 17" wheels and tires with the 20" OEM wheels and tires. I took it to the dealer as you suggested and they advised me that they didn't have a software update for my 07 Tahoe. There are no CEL or TPMS warnings so maybe my vehicle already has the newest software available? Any help would be great, that way I can go back and give them the correct info.
Old March 18th, 2007, 10:04 PM
CF Veteran

They need to recalibrate so...TPM is function with the corect infoand also let the vehicle BCM know what your running so it can adjust things like Stability Control and ABS

found the old thread...

Quote from Dave/ZX...
Take it into your local dealer and have them update the calibration for OEM 20" wheels/tires, they will have to obtain a new VCI from Techlink, GM does not charge the dealer for this service however the dealer may charge you up to $50 for the update but it's worth it.
Not only does this recalibrate the speedometer but it also sets the correct algorithm for the ABS brakes and Stabilitrak so that when you hammer the brakes and jerk the steering wheel to avoid a crash the computer isn't confused by the amount of contact patch of the larger tires.
Old April 15th, 2007, 12:33 PM
CF Junior Member

Thank you for posting this. It has been a big help.
Old April 22nd, 2007, 2:11 PM
CF Junior Member

Sounds like amp is kicking on and off...... But only for FM use.

Sound is still there but loses high end for a bit then comes back. Very odd.

I am getting the nav unit so I hope this will fix my issue, just wondering if anyone else
noticed this, or if there was a reprogram for this issue.

Word,
Matt
Old May 2nd, 2007, 11:26 PM
CF Veteran

New software for E-85 calibration:

Hold off for now as there seems to be a throttle lag issue related to the new software...

Zx --The lag is caused by the updated engine control module calibration software that was written to ensure proper ethanol content calculation. Evidently it is leaning the mixture out during certain operational conditions, hold tight and GM will release an update to resolve this issue.

Original post...
Zx--The product enhancement listed above #06162 - (12/13/2006) is a new software set that simply adds a broader range of operation to the Virtual Flex Fuel Sensor (VFFS) so that the engine will start and run smoother when various amounts of Ethanol is detected in the tank.
It has no effect on drivability when running gasoline containing less than 10% Ethanol.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: reprogram list for 07s