Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

Water on driveway passenger front

Search this Thread

Old March 28th, 2017, 6:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water on driveway passenger front

Hi all,

A friend has a 2007 Chevy Tahoe 4WD 3.8 and has what appears to be some leaking water from under the engine compartment (more located on the right side from what I can tell). Definitely water. When I see the vehicle, I don't see any moisture/wetness, so I'm not sure where it could be coming from. I'm an enthusiast, but not a mechanic by any stretch of the imagination, so I'm self-admittedly probably not looking in the correct location either.

Anything that you can think of that might help figure out where it's coming from? Not seeing any low fluids and doesn't appear to be condensation from the A/C as it wasn't used in the last few days but seems to happen regardless.

Thanks in advance everyone!
Old March 29th, 2017, 11:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had this happen. Turned out to be morning dew draining off the truck. Dew or A/C condensation are the only two sources of clear water I can think of...unless your buddy is running only water in his cooling system (big mistake)....