Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

wheels and tires for a 2000sub?

Search this Thread

Old February 28th, 2017, 7:48 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default wheels and tires for a 2000sub?

so it looks like im going to end up keeping the crazy suburban for awhile. been fixing everything thats worn or broken. i found a set of 4 rockstar wheels 6lug that are like new condition, and they are a very good deal so im looking to see what size tires would fit on them and if there would be any fitment issues. as far as i know my burb has no leveling kit and no lift kit. it has stock tires right now which are getting worn, and i have the spare on due to a flat. the rockstars are 18in, but the seller hasnt gotten back to me on other measurements. what size tire would fit that isnt going to cause fitment issues or rub? or is this impossible to answer without knowing the rest of the wheel specs?
Old March 1st, 2017, 8:23 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Wheels

I have a 2001 subby myself, the wheel specs are 139.7, I may be off some, but I am in the neighborhood. .. Take your time and look for the wheels that you like and will look good on your truck... I have some 22's on mine. Find what you think is good and throw them on...
Old March 1st, 2017, 8:26 AM
CF Beginner

Not a good picture, but just to give you an idea of what you can do with your truck. .
Old March 1st, 2017, 3:05 PM
CF Junior Member

yeah i know the hole spacing i was wondering what backspacing and tire size would be good. ive since found some 18in almost brand new tires on escalade rims i might throw on for cheap. not a fan of escalade rims but the tires are almost brand new
Old March 1st, 2017, 3:12 PM
CF Junior Member

not a good picture? that looks amazing compared to mine. ill grab a pic of what im working with soon just for the laughs hah. at least yours is all one color haha
Old March 1st, 2017, 4:12 PM
CF Junior Member

heres my ugly beast in red, white, silverish, and black. in the spring im gonna fix the rust and rhino line the whole truck, or rhino line up to the bottom body line and dip the rest matte black.

Old March 2nd, 2017, 6:34 AM
CF Beginner

I love subbies, consider yours a work in progress. .. Not bad at all. ... you could maybe go with a 275 or 285, if you want to go wide...