Tracker 1989-2004
This compact SUV proved itself to be a fine ecnomical vehicle, good for making its way along any type of surface.
Platform: CAMI (Suzuki)

2000 Chevy Tracker 1.6 stalls at stops and bucks when accelerating hard.

Old March 10th, 2016, 8:20 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Chevy Tracker 1.6 stalls at stops and bucks when accelerating hard.

I own a 2000 Chevy Tracker with the base 1.6 and 4WD. The car was bought used 6 moths ago and the car is a slight nightmare. So far I have gotten the door handles replaced at the front anti sway bars replaced. I plan on getting a used passenger side seat belt mechanism because that also broke. On to the problems, The car will sometimes stall out when I come to a stop. I've done some research and the crank sensor and cam shaft senor keep coming up as something that should be replaced. Also, when I floor the gas pedal or want to merge on the highway the rpm are all over the place. The car bucks and has a hard time speeding up. I appreciate any recommendations. Thanks
Old March 10th, 2016, 11:06 AM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

Is the check engine light on?
Old March 10th, 2016, 2:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The check engine light turned on after the car stalled but the light turned off and there arent any stored codes. I've done some research and I saw that it could be the crank sensor, cam shaft senor, carbon build up in the air intake valve, or a fuel filter. It doesnt stall at evening single stop but does buck every time I floor it. I think it could be the fuel filter but I checked the fuel pressure and it was fine. If anyone one knows please let me know! Thanks

Last edited by alfomichael; March 10th, 2016 at 2:51 PM.

Search this Thread