Tracker 1989-2004
This compact SUV proved itself to be a fine ecnomical vehicle, good for making its way along any type of surface.
Platform: CAMI (Suzuki)

2002 Tracker Radio

Old October 4th, 2015, 1:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Tracker Radio

I bought a 2002 Chevy Tracker two months ago and the CD Player doesnt work and the radio quality is god awful. I want to buy a new radio/cd player but my moms told me that some cars have other things connected to the radio. such as dashboard lights, etc. does anyone know if the 2002 is interconnected? I really want to fix it up but I dont want to completely mess up my car. Thanks
Old January 26th, 2016, 9:47 PM
CF Beginner

i see your reply is pretty old but for my 2003 i upgraded my radio to an aftermarket one. no wiring issues. just buy the wiring kit to wire into new cd player and a new front plastic plate cause the new radio is alot smaller then factory one. i am from canada so got all needed stuff from canadian tire. works like a charm.
Old April 30th, 2016, 9:46 AM
CF Beginner

Default You could also have a car audio shop hook it up.

Also if it sounds bad you could have them change the speakers out. Jbls are nice and fairly inexpensive. A couple of years ago I saw some for 25$ a piece. With an aftermarket radio you probably wouldn't even want a standalone amp.i had a Mercury tracer and was going to change the speakers. For speakers all I had to do was remove the door panel and unscrew the old speakers. They plugged in with this sliding connector. Fairly easy to remove.

Search this Thread