Tracker 1989-2004
This compact SUV proved itself to be a fine ecnomical vehicle, good for making its way along any type of surface.
Platform: CAMI (Suzuki)

Just inherited my brother's 1998 Tracker

Old September 1st, 2015, 5:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Just inherited my brother's 1998 Tracker

and I sincerely need some guidance. I want to replace the soft top. Who makes the best replacement soft tops for the 1998 Tracker. Do you think my local car care people could install it with minimal difficulty?

Secondly, there is a part, under the back window that is broken. Along the length of it-- the soft top may screw into it. It's long and appears to attach atop the "trunk" door, has screw holes. And it has rubber tubing on it. Can anyone tell me the name of this part and point me to where I might procure another?

I'm sure I have other questions. I've only had the car @ a month and have had a lot of repairs made. But it's a '98 and has only 100,000 miles.

Thanks for your help!
Old June 5th, 2016, 12:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 1999 soft top is a Rampage brand and it is good. I'm not sure what you mean by "getting someone to install it". When you remove it to enjoy the environment and it rains, are you going to take it to a local body shop for them to put the top back on? Always store the top behind the rear seat and use a drop of vegetable oil or graphite on the soft top snaps so that the snaps and cloth does not damage when you carefully unsnap them for removal. Also, the soft top does not screw into anything, anywhere. ~~~ K J
Old June 6th, 2016, 8:43 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

another option is a upholstery shop. The local one in my area does boat covers and jeeps, dune buggies and other custom stuff.