TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

05 trailblazer need help please

Search this Thread

Old October 10th, 2016, 5:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 trailblazer need help please

I have an 05 Trailblazer that is running rough. ROMs going crazy. Acts like stuck in neutral. Can get it to go to 3rd gear. Then have to let off gas reduce speed and it shifts to next gear. Computer gave codes for 02 sensor fuse, cylinder 4 misfiring, low coolant temp and air register issue. Fuse looks good. Didn't know what to do for last 2 so changed cylinder 4 coil and plug. ( never been changed- I know I shoulda done all!!))
also plug had some oil on it. This fixed the issue for about 10-15 mins then it started again. Never got as bad as 1st time, could actually go 55 mph but still had RPM whining sound. If anybody has any suggestions, all are welcome and appreciated. !!
Old October 13th, 2016, 4:19 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check the plugs again and especially the one that had oil on it. Be sure as to whether it`s oil or gas fouled. If it`s oil, you have internal problems,