TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

05 Trailblazer in storage advice

Search this Thread

Old July 24th, 2013, 4:54 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 TrailBlazer in storage while overseas

Hello everyone, this is my first post on the Chevy Forum and it looks like I am going to love this place. Great stuff here! Anyways, I have a question and would really appreciate some feedback on this. I am currently in the Army and have been stationed in Germany since 2010. When I came out here, I did not have time to get everything squared away to have my 2005 TrailBlazer shipped out here and unfortunately the only option I had at the time was to put it in storage. It has been stored outside in Savannah, GA since 2010 and I am getting ready to head back stateside at the end of the year. I am going to have it shipped to AZ then and am obviously going to have a lot of work to do on it. It has not been started or anything since the day I parked it. I am not much of a mechanic so my question is, and I hope you guys can help me, what should I expect to do to get it back in shape and back into my daily driver? I am just trying to get prepared for it, financially, so I can have it up and running again as soon as possible. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by TBlazer83; July 24th, 2013 at 5:04 AM. Reason: added additional info
Old April 14th, 2014, 8:34 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Begin by checking for leaks (oil, coolant, brake fluid etc), Change out the battery, air filter. Air up the tires and get your tags and registration up to date. Give it a good wash and wax. Depending on where and how it was stored price out a exhaust system and tires. Past welcome back and enjoy the driving.