TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

05 trailblazer tapping top right of engine check engine light

Search this Thread

Old October 11th, 2015, 8:59 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 05 trailblazer tapping top right of engine check engine light

Anyone solve this when i bought this no noise no chwck engine light next day driving check engine light came on pulled in the driveway and heard tapping. Bought from local dealership bought as is feel ripped.just want solved replys thankx new guy
Old October 11th, 2015, 9:33 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

take it back to the dealership and ask for them to fix it or return your money.

was the vehicle sold as is or certified

try to get them to do something for you... ask to exchange it for a different vehicle.
be polite and ask them for a resolution. if you act like an ******* they will do nothing. I would go back an say
the truck I just bought yesterday has a problem. Did you not do an inspection on this vehicle before sale

In my province, dealers are legally required to provide an inspection report of the vehicle to the customer with every sale. They have an motor vehicle governing body that deals with cases like yours. Maybe your state can help in this regard. that is the advantage of buying from a dealer. they will be part of a governing body.

that is why you should have it inspected by an independent third party. they can check to ensure all the monitors have run and passed. If they are incomplete, someone has cleared the faults with a scan tool.

Last edited by tech2; October 11th, 2015 at 9:40 AM.
Old October 11th, 2015, 11:37 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought as is.tb seemed solid i have read all kinds of tb taps.. But noticeable at idle low rpms.i figure u sign the dotted line ur screwed if its screwd