TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

06 trail blazer gas gauge down and light on all the time! need advice,

Search this Thread

Old December 20th, 2011, 3:24 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2005 Trailblazer LS and I have the same gas gauge problem. However, I receieved a letter from Chevy acknowledging the problem and they are offering to pay half of the cost for the repair.
Old June 26th, 2012, 9:47 AM
CF Beginner

50-50 split? This still frosts my butt. Imagine being in business selling a product that you know is defective and telling the customer "ok I'll split it with you.
Pick up a product at the grocery store and bring it home. When you open it and it smells rancid. Does the business owner offer you a 50-50 split to replace it?
This is a known manufacturer defect not just something that happened to go bad from irregular use or abuse. It's a reaction between the gas and the metals they used in the sending unit!
I can picture all the high paid managers sitting in a meeting room day after day trying to figure out why Kia is all of a sudden taking over the market share. Can you say customer awareness? Can you say honest sales people/managers? Can you say all dealers working honestly and together to make sure a customer is treated fairly?
I will not accept anything other than 100% replacement of the sending unit problem. I would also love for a upper manager to visit me so I can show him/her what certified really means! I will be taking my vehicle to a body shop soon because I truly believe that this certified vehicle has been in a front end accident at some point before I bought it. Buyer beware!
Old March 10th, 2016, 3:09 PM
CF Beginner

Default You know there is a problem

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
I would recommend contacting your local dealer for more specific information. They should be able to provide you with a diagnosis and point you in the right direction. I can also locate a dealership in your area with your zip code or look into this further with your VIN. Please feel free to keep me posted via private message if you would like. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
I'm sorry but you know there is a problem that has happened with all the Trailblazers you have manufactured and if you read all the different forums it's a pretty costly repair. It's obvious GM is admitting there is a problem since they have agreed to pay 50% of the repair IF APPROVED. Yeah good luck on that one. There seriously needs to be a recall since if someone thinks they have a full tank and don't, their vehicle could shut down causing a serious issue. Like someone rear ending them from the sudden stop

Last edited by Jbgoody311; March 10th, 2016 at 4:34 PM.
Old March 11th, 2016, 8:26 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Jbgoody311
I'm sorry but you know there is a problem that has happened with all the Trailblazers you have manufactured and if you read all the different forums it's a pretty costly repair. It's obvious GM is admitting there is a problem since they have agreed to pay 50% of the repair IF APPROVED. Yeah good luck on that one. There seriously needs to be a recall since if someone thinks they have a full tank and don't, their vehicle could shut down causing a serious issue. Like someone rear ending them from the sudden stop
Hello Jbgoody311,

We do not take your feedback lightly and certainly understand your concerns towards this situation. Are you currently experiencing this issue with your vehicle? If so, we want to learn more and will do our best to work toward a possible resolution. We’re available via private message and only need your VIN, mileage, contact information, and preferred dealership to move forward. Thank you for reaching out to us and enjoy the rest of your day.

Kind regards,

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old March 11th, 2016, 10:27 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hello Jbgoody311,

We do not take your feedback lightly and certainly understand your concerns towards this situation. Are you currently experiencing this issue with your vehicle? If so, we want to learn more and will do our best to work toward a possible resolution. We’re available via private message and only need your VIN, mileage, contact information, and preferred dealership to move forward. Thank you for reaching out to us and enjoy the rest of your day.

Kind regards,

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care
Hi Jasmine,
I am not sure how to reply in Private message. If you can please let me know how to do that or if there is another way. Thank you
Jeff
Old March 11th, 2016, 2:17 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Jbgoody311
Hi Jasmine,
I am not sure how to reply in Private message. If you can please let me know how to do that or if there is another way. Thank you
Jeff
Hello Jeff,

It looks like you found us! I just responded to your private message and will continue assisting from there.

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old March 11th, 2016, 3:06 PM
CF Beginner

My 2006 trailblazer was covered 100% without an argument. They originally tried the 50-50 then started repairing at 100%. Don't know why they have gone back to 50-50. Well I know why but it's wrong in my opinion. Push for the 100%
Old March 13th, 2016, 4:01 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by B33p3r
My 2006 trailblazer was covered 100% without an argument. They originally tried the 50-50 then started repairing at 100%. Don't know why they have gone back to 50-50. Well I know why but it's wrong in my opinion. Push for the 100%

Hello-
Well, my fuel gauge is not working and I have a 2005 TB EXT LS 4WD I6 with 113K on the OD. I will call GM tomorrow at 800 222 1020 (number given me from a person over at TrailVoy.com) to check things out. Apparently GM has extended warranty extension policy in effect, # 10054E, going up to 10 years from initial delivery date OR 120,000 miles, whichever comes first, for erratic operation of fuel gauge. 2005 to 2007 models.

Looks like they will tell me the 10 years has come up and I'm out of luck unless they say they'll do the 50/50 thing. At the outrageous prices at my local dealer I'm sure that wouldn't be worth biting on especially since I'd want to include the pump that I could get much cheaper then from them (same OEM pump).

Robes-
Old October 20th, 2019, 1:02 AM
CF Beginner

Default 05 trailblazer

I, too have this problem, but having children makes me even afraid. Do I write to Chevy so to receive the repair costs help? I hear its quite costly...i have 177thousand miles. Chevrolet dealerships are sometimes very difficult and quite expensive.
Old October 20th, 2019, 5:43 PM
CF Beginner

Kitty Bleu, this is a very common problem with the Trailblazer, Envoy and S10 among others. The problem is with the fuel sender inside the gas tank, and it is part of the fuel pump assembly. I had the same problem with my 2006 Envoy. You need to drop the tank to access it. I just put a complete new fuel pump in due to the miles I had on the truck. I have a 4X4 with a towing package and everything is crammed into a small space. Given I live in the rust belt, it was not much fun. GM did issue a recall or TSB for this problem, but they only replace the level sender components. If you did it yourself, like I did (before the recall / TSB was issued), GM would reimburse you a whopping $25 for the parts !! Whoopee!!!! Not worth the time to fill out the paperwork... You can bet if you bought the same parts from a dealer, they would charge you about 4X that price! If you haven't already, and can do it yourself, - I bought my fuel pump assembly from Rockauto.com. They have excellent prices and sell AC Delco parts, as well as other brands. It depends how much or little you want to spend. Unfortunately there is no "quick fix" for this problem.

Hope this helps,

Jack

Quick Reply: 06 trail blazer gas gauge down and light on all the time! need advice,