TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

2005 Trailblazer electric windows

Search this Thread

Old December 20th, 2011, 7:43 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Trailblazer electric windows

My driver side window does not work, nor does it control the other windows. Could the problem be a fuse, if so which one, or will I have to replace entire master unit?
Old December 21st, 2011, 8:43 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Lili,

It could be just a fuse. Check the Rear Underseat Fuse Block, changing the Drive Door Module (#10) fuse may help. Look at the silver-colored band inside the fuse, if the band is broken or melted, replace the fuse. Be sure you replace a bad fuse with a new one of the identical size and rating.

Please note, this is only a suggestion, not a diagnosis. If this isn't the issue, you may want to take it in for a quick inspection.

For your reference, this information is also available in the owner's manual on pages 5-95 through 5-106. A digital copy of the manual is available at the GM Owner Center at: GM Owners Center - GM. The GM Owner Center is free to join and offers owner's manuals, stores your service records, dealer appointment scheduling and many other features.

I hope this information was helpful.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old December 23rd, 2011, 3:17 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Thank you!!
Old December 26th, 2011, 2:13 PM
Official GM Rep

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> You are very welcome Lili. I am happy I could be of assistance. If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Have a great day!

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old January 12th, 2012, 4:59 PM
CF Beginner

I have the same problem. I do have power to the module. Can I replace the module myself? Does it need to be programmed? How can I program it? How much to program it if I can't?
Old January 12th, 2012, 9:18 PM
Official GM Rep

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> fisherman68,

I'm sorry, but I am not a technician, so I do not have the information you are requesting. If you are unfamiliar with the module, I would suggest taking the vehicle in for an inspection. A certified technician will be able to offer more information.

Some of the other members of the forum may be able to help you with this issue.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old January 13th, 2012, 11:30 AM
CF Beginner

If I remember I changed one for a customer a few years ago that got wet from a broken window and it needed to be reprogrammed .
Old February 14th, 2012, 9:52 PM
CF Beginner

I replaced my master switch, but then the new switch didn't work. Dealership said it had to having something done on the computer. What exactly would need to be done, and how is it done.
Thanks
Old January 3rd, 2013, 12:27 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2005 Trailblazer window problem

My drivers side window also does not work nor does any of the other windows and door locks from the drivers side. Matter of fact the trunk lock and the trunk window do not work either. This vehicle is a huge
disappointment. I checked about having the module changed and it is over $500. Does anyone have a better plan?
Old January 4th, 2013, 10:25 AM
CF Beginner

Default recall

This week I received a recall letter for this problem/part. Check with your dealer. Recall #12180.

Quick Reply: 2005 Trailblazer electric windows