TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

2005 TrailBlazer Wont Start

Search this Thread

Old January 23rd, 2017, 6:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 TrailBlazer Wont Start

'05 4.2 Vortec with 157k. This truck has run perfect until last night. It started right up, ran rough for a few seconds, and died. Tried to restart, but had no luck. It was trying, but the whole sound of the engine starting had changed..... very *airy*. It's got fuel. I'm afraid to think timing, but don't have a clue. Are there any common issues with this engine at this mileage? Any suggestions of things to look at prior to taking into the dealer? Thanks.
Old March 3rd, 2017, 7:23 PM
CF Beginner

Did you ever figure out what was wrong??? We're having the same problem. It's a 2008 trailblazer, just got a new therostat, throttle body, and exhaust manifold. Still won't start. It turns over but won't start. All the lights are on and what not, but will not start and just dies in the middle of driving. Things drain and we have no power steering or anything. The truck go anywhere even when you give it gas
Old March 4th, 2017, 8:47 PM
CF Beginner

No. To be honest, I haven't gotten it to my guy to look at it yet.