TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer - Radio/speaker issues

Search this Thread

Old March 15th, 2016, 9:31 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer - Radio/speaker issues

Hello! Maybe this has been posted already-I apologize if it has. I obtained my 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer five years ago and, over the past year, the radio (and sound system in general) has been going in and out on me, sometimes at random. At first, it happened pretty frequently-there was sound coming from the speakers, but it sounded far away, even if the volume was turned up all the way. Now, it usually happens when it's cold out. If the weather reaches a certain temperature (usually in the 60s) the radio works better, but I just wish this wouldn't happen at all! Plus, I'm taking my family on a road trip later this week and would love it if we could listen to some music along the way.
Any thoughts? Is there anything I can do?
Thank you!
Old April 19th, 2016, 8:06 PM
CF Beginner

Short term fix, A decent bluetooth speaker!

I just got a TB last weekend and have sound issues as well. Using Balance and Fader all the speakers sound different, maybe one out of the four sounds halfway decent.

Other posts here refer to the stock, non BOSE, speakers as worth about $2!

I am starting a search for decent replacements and if it is as easy to do as on my wife's HHR.

Mikeeee

Last edited by PmRacing; April 19th, 2016 at 8:12 PM.
Old June 23rd, 2016, 7:27 PM
CF Active Member

Its the speakers , GM uses crap stock $5 speakers . Replace them and be done with it .
Old June 23rd, 2016, 7:50 PM
CF Beginner

Yep, New speakers, even super cheap ones, and a new radio. It is not the $900 component system in my bedroom of high school days. But it is not bad!

Mikeeee