TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

2006 Chevy Trailblazer LS 4wd

Search this Thread

Old October 5th, 2015, 4:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Chevy Trailblazer LS 4wd

Can I get advice on what to do with my Trailblazer. I recently purchased this vehicle and have noticed that the StabiliTrak Service Light and the StabiliTrak Indicator light comes on occasionally while driving. I do not notice an change in drivability when these light come on. I Stop and turn the engine off and restart and the lights reset and go off as they should. I have read that this is a common problem with the StabilitiTrak systems. What is the recommended procedure to make sure nothing major is happening. I am planning to take this vehicle to Mexico and want to make sure there is no major problem with is as repairs in Mexico may be difficult. Any help on this would be much appreciated.
Old October 22nd, 2015, 4:42 PM
CF Active Member

Unfortunetly only the dealer has the correct scan tools to look at this stuff. All that is controlled by sensors and the computer. Look in your owners manual , you can turn this stuff off after you start the car.
Old October 22nd, 2015, 5:07 PM
CF Beginner

Smile Traction sensors

Actually any properly equipped repair shop can troubleshoot and repair the problem. It costs $750, but they updated the onboard computer and found that the steering column sensor was faulty. So far no problem after they replaced the sensor. Not sure if I needed to update the computer, but they recommended it. Hope my problems go away permanently.