TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

2006 TrailBlazer Won't Start, not battery, not starter

Old August 7th, 2012, 10:56 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 trailblazer wont crank

turn the key all lights and power is there. It cranked a few times and now no crank, cant get it to go to neutral... unhooked battery reset cpu tried jumping still nothing checked fuses. Need Help only had it 40 days....
Old September 25th, 2013, 11:30 AM
CF Beginner

Default Same as your problem!

Can I ask what you had to have done to get your Tb running again? i went out to start mine one day and it was like a harder and slower crank. That lasted a week. this morning 9-25-2013 took kids to school went to convenience store. went to start it it was like my battery was dead. a nice old man tried giving me a jump and nothing. My battery was only a year old with a year remaining on the warranty. went back to reputable car place in my town they checked battery it was 100 charged so there goes the theory of bad alternator. He replaced it anyway. put new battery in and the cluster panel when dead when i tried cranking it. when i released the key everything came back on. i checked the relays under the hood for the starter and others they were ok. please any response from you or any other chevy forum member out there please hit me back.
Old March 17th, 2014, 9:46 AM
CF Beginner

Lancaster you should inspect all of your grounds from the battery to body and engine and also the ground on the starter. Make sure to clean them up really good and get them all tightened back up. Bad ground connections are very common that vehicle and can cause problems like you described and many other strange symptoms. Hope this helps you. Let me know.
Old March 19th, 2015, 8:28 PM
CF Beginner

Default Same problems

Originally Posted by lancaster81
Can I ask what you had to have done to get your Tb running again? i went out to start mine one day and it was like a harder and slower crank. That lasted a week. this morning 9-25-2013 took kids to school went to convenience store. went to start it it was like my battery was dead. a nice old man tried givi

Having the exact same ****ing problem sorry for the bad mouth been on it for two week
ng me a jump and nothing. My battery was only a year old with a year remaining on the warranty. went back to reputable car place in my town they checked battery it was 100 charged so there goes the theory of bad alternator. He replaced it anyway. put new battery in and the cluster panel when dead when i tried cranking it. when i released the key everything came back on. i checked the relays under the hood for the starter and others they were ok. please any response from you or any other chevy forum member out there please hit me back.

Having the exact same ****ing problem sorry for the bad mouth been on it for two week
Old March 21st, 2015, 1:05 AM
CF Beginner

Default u can do it yourself

Originally Posted by Mastermoto5858
It's the starter, and I'm short I had to enlist my husband's friend to help him with it, the dang thing is deep under there and best accessed through the top.

The whining situation was even easier to fix, best way to do it is to take a picture of the set up BEFORE you remove the drive belt, so it's easier to replace that hula hoop length belt.

Cost per fix... Hawaii
Starter... 130.00
Drive Pulley... 35.00
Belt.... 60.00 but I didn't use it, the old one was still good.

My 2006 Lt trailblazer starts well and is as quiet as I first bought it! PRICELESS!
Old March 22nd, 2015, 10:12 PM
CF Junior Member

While I don't have a Trailblazer, I instead have a 1996 GMC Yukon (identical to Chevy Tahoe)... and I was having problems starting.

Sometimes it would start perfectly, sometimes it would start slowly, sometimes it would just click when I put the key to start.

AAA tested battery, alternator, and starter the first time it was completely dead. They said it was OK.

I drove for a while after that first incident, visited a friend, and when I left it started slowly. So, I went straight to O'reilly auto parts who tested the battery and immediately determined it was bad.

I installed a brand new battery from them and the issue came back in a few days. After noticing if I wiggled the battery it would usually start, I went back, and had them test everything again. This time, everything was fine.

I had my mechanic check it out. He said it was the starter. So we put in a brand new starter. Well, a few days later the problem came back.

Mechanic tested everything and found that it was just the negative battery terminal was bad. Less than a $5 part later, everything is good again.

So please, if you are having this type of problem, check the simple and cheap stuff first. Don't jump to a new battery, alternator, or starter.

Check your battery terminals. the GM side post ones can be a bit iffy. This is also why a jump start or test will you sometimes work and sometimes won't - because it's the battery terminals themselves that are bad.

If you work on the battery terminals remember to remove the negative one first for safety.

Hope this is helpful and saves you time and money.
Old January 23rd, 2021, 11:40 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2006 trailblazer my trailblazer won’t start I bought a new starter still won’t start

Originally Posted by MzzKanani

Like yours my 2006 Trailblazer did the same.

Battery has lots of juice, but I'm just at the preliminary point where I just had a service friend take a look at it and he mentioned a bad starter. I'm in the market now thinking I should get a new starter or a rebuilt. But now you say that your starter passed good... I just don't know>

It started having issues in very same way as yours, like the battery was going out. Hmmm could this be another 2006 model issue?
2006 trailblazer my trailblazer won’t start I bought a new starter still won’t start bought new battery and a new relay fuse any help would greatly appreciated it still won’t start

Last edited by Kelly Ann Dietrich; January 23rd, 2021 at 11:41 AM. Reason: It won’t start
Old January 23rd, 2021, 4:32 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Check your battery cables. Side terminal battery cables can be a real nightmare.
Old December 27th, 2021, 12:34 PM
CF Beginner

Grounds, grounds, grounds.......battery post, engine to frame, body to engine, body to frame, starter, tail/marker/blinker/brake lights to body, anywhere and everywhere you can find a grounding cable/strap, and having electrical issues, check these FIRST!
99% of the time, it will be a ground issue.