TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

2007 Trailblazer Liftgate/Rear Hatch Ajar Problem

Search this Thread

Old March 7th, 2016, 12:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ground problem

Originally Posted by pdesimone48
Well, I went back and took your advice to bring a ground back from the rear seat fuse box. Checking the connector coming out of the boot at the top of the lift gate I noticed I had 12 volts coming from the orange wires using the good ground. So, I touched the ground probe to the black connector wire and got almost nothing to nothing. Bingo, it must be the ground from the connector back to the fuse box. Long story short, I was looking at how to take the headliner down when I decided to slice the boot from the bottom to get better access and when I did two wires, one orange and one black came sticking up completely severed. I was like YES, that's exactly what I wanted to see. The orange wire must have been hanging by a thread and the black must have been completely severed. Some solder and some electrical tape and I was good to go. Everything worked again. My Rear wipers, my license plate light, my key fob and my interior lights shut off. My tire monitor even has numbers showing instead of dashes. I'm attaching a picture of the wires.

Anyway Trailblazrr07, thanks for the help. It really helped me zero in on the problem.

So, now, how do I mark this SOLVED?
Good to hear you found it... Glad I could help you out... If you have any other problems don't hesitate to ask...