TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

4WD control switch lights issue

Search this Thread

Old January 19th, 2016, 8:07 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4WD control switch lights issue

Have an 06 with the 4.2l. has about 210k miles.

Just recently when traveling at highway speed in 2HI the lights on the control know go solid for 4HI and blink for the 4LO. The truck runs fine and does not change speed or anything abnormal.
One time it was in the AUTO position and did this and when it was switched to 2HI the lights went out. The last time it happened was in 2HI. It happens about an hour after traveling at speed.
Has anyone had this happen to them? it has been very cold here the last few days this has happened so perhaps that is a factor?
Perhaps something related is that when the truck is in cruise control it has been know to come out of overdrive and the RPMs go from 2k to about 3k then it will come back again just cruising.
I am starting to think it may be a wire harness issue to the trans control. Is there one junction point for the trans and trans case control somewhere that can be easily checked/cleaned.

Otherwise the truck runs great and starts no problem.
Old February 21st, 2016, 4:34 PM
CF Beginner

I had the exact same issue. It was simply the switch on he dashboard that needed to be replaced.
Old February 22nd, 2016, 6:31 AM
CF Beginner

That sounds logical. Is that a switch that is easy to replace yourself? or is it a dealership job?
Old February 22nd, 2016, 2:31 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take a look at TSB: PIT3832D: ABS Red Brake SVC And 4WD Light On HVAC Blower Inoperative. Possible ignition switch.
Old February 22nd, 2016, 6:23 PM
CF Beginner

Ii had the dealer do it, but that was me. Mine was not the ignition switch as Bern is saying, but the 4wd selection switch