TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

New Member needs help with headlamps

Search this Thread

Old November 9th, 2007, 4:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member needs help with headlamps

Hello!

You have a nice forum here. I was wondering if anyone could help me with my headlamp problem on my 2005 Trailblazer EXT (29,000 miles).

My brights are stuck on no matter what I do (manual or automatic setting). The headlamps go into normal mode when I remove the key from the ignition.

Your help is appreciated!
Old November 10th, 2007, 3:51 AM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: New Member needs help with headlamps

haha. Bad fuse my friend. I went through this not long ago. When a headlamp fuse goes out, both the DRLs and the lowbeams come on to give you enough light to make it to where you are going {safety feature] Check all the headlamp fuses under the hood.
Old November 10th, 2007, 8:47 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: EuroGoldLS

haha. Bad fuse my friend. I went through this not long ago. When a headlamp fuse goes out, both the DRLs and the lowbeams come on to give you enough light to make it to where you are going {safety feature] Check all the headlamp fuses under the hood.
Thanks for the tip. I checked the fuses. I will double check them to make sure I didn't miss one.

The strange thing is the normal low beams come on after I park the vehicle and remove the key. Also, I forgot to mention, the low beams do come on sometimes during daylight hours. However, it doesn't seem to be related to the amount of light present. It may do it on a cloudy day or on a sunny day.
Old November 10th, 2007, 10:58 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like you have a short in the multifunction switch (turn signal lever) where the hi-lo beam switch is.