TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

Help for a frustrated trailblazer owner

Search this Thread

Old October 11th, 2015, 12:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Help for a frustrated trailblazer owner

I own a 2008 trailblazer (v6 4x4) We hae several problmes and no resolutions with NO money....(90% diabled veteran trying to adjust to civilian life)
I will list the problems and discribe each as best as I can

The truck has about 94,00 miles on it and has never missed an oil change or other basic maintnance.

When out tank is down to about 2/16 of a tank the truck will stall upon stopping unless the stop is really soft and almost undetectible.
( this has been an issue for a long time but for the longest time it was the only issue we had with the truck)

The stabilitrack maintnance light comes on randomly and stays on for the day but no mechanic can put his finger on the problem.

Ok here is the big stuff.......

Recently we had the switch for the 4WD go out and the truck was stuck in 4WD until the problem was fixed.

after the 4wd issue the truck developed a nice little exhaust leak.... (sounded like a damn harley and smelled like fuel really bad) I found out that it was covered under a special emmisions warranty. Took it to the local chey dealer and they had me come back 3 days later to get the manifold replaced. Over the 3 days the waiting for the manifold (it's our only vehicle so not driving it wasn't an option and neither was a rental) mid winter the truck started to act like it was going to die when it was started cold. It would chug like it was dying the petal would go dead and then all the sudden it would bounce back until the idel fell again... it was repettitive until the engine was fully warmed up..... after a while it started just idling super hard and then falling out like it was going to die all the time. the engine maintance light is on and the code says engine too lean bank 1. We have had the carbon cleaned out which according to the dealer was really built up. injector cleaner was run through it several times.... the problem stopped over the warm months but now that it's starting to get cold again the problem is returning.

also in the middle of the manifold issue the gauge cluster and lits in the truck would surge very subtly off and on. the battery... in the middle of all this went dead. it was only 1 yr old..... we replaced it and now that the other problems are coming back so is the power surging ........

I am beyond frustrated, depressed, and scared now......I don't know what to do. we don't have any money at ALL..... so we can't afford trial and error.....

I am now at the end of my rope praying for an angle on my side for once.
Old October 15th, 2015, 1:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too had a problem like that with my stabilatrak. Everytime I drove it to the dealer the light went off and they couldn't figure it out. Finaly what they found was the sensor on the bottom of the steering colum was sometimes failimg. So when the sensor would fail it was telling the computor that the truck was out of control and both Stabilitrak lights would come on. The one light was saying it was on and the other light saying it needed service. The sensor was replaced and since then I've had no problem.