TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

I keep stalling and I can't get up

Search this Thread

Old July 15th, 2015, 9:57 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I keep stalling and I can't get up

2006 Trailblazer 4x4 LT 5.3
So my truck stalled the other day, towed it home and scanned- All these codes cam up at the same time all together and in this order, PO443Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit … ( replaced the purge valve solenoid), also code P1516 - Faulty Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) module, ( cleaned throttle body and eventually replaced throttle body), also code P1682 - Ignition 1 Switch Circuit 2, (replaced ignition switch ), code p2101 - Throttle Actuator Position Performance ( replaced throttle body ) Code PO 689- Electronic Control Module Power Relay Sense Circuit Low , so the truck after sitting for a few hours will start and run for a while - time varies then stall, I'm thinking possibly the PCM but hate to just throw more money at it, I did clean all PCM connections with no difference car still starts and runs for a period of time then stalls and wont start for a period of time. only other thing I noticed was a hot fuel pump relay, but after the stall I swapped out the relay, I did have fuel pressure after the stall but no spark, still no start but no codes showing a problem there .Also put in a new crankshaft sensor even though it showed no trouble codes for that, So to sum up, the car heats up stalls, won't start till it cools down a little, I clear the codes , start the truck, it stalls and all the codes come back. Any Ideas ?? any help would be appreciated.
<!-- / message -->
Old July 21st, 2015, 11:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So on recommendation from my transmission guy (who has done the last two transmissions in my F450) I call a mobile Diagnostics guy , who is by the way a genius any way after some extensive testing he traced it down to a bad fuse block at the pcm relay, he soldered a jumper wire from the appropriate wire in the fuse block connectors under the fuse block and jumped to the appropriate leg of the relay and presto I'm back on the road, after about $ 300 in parts I did not need. From now on when it comes to an electrical issue of any kind I will probably call this guy.
<!-- / message -->