TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

Mechanic lied

Old May 17th, 2015, 2:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mechanic lied

So sister and her husband was told transfer case was gone 1200 bucks to fix and replace. So they went out got a new 2010 car. I decided to buy this vehicle from them for a grand figure I'd fix it and maybe get a year or two out of it. So because I not a trustful person and read theses forums I decide to come home as I thought maybe something else other then transfercase. After playing all day yesterday the vehicle being stuck in 4 low shifted and was able to get though all the gear 4lo 4hi a4h and 2wd. Had it in 2 wd but kept playing lol back in 4 low and stuck there, I read about taking the sifter motor off and did. Shifted manual with channel locks got it to 4 high. Do my question is this not being a mechanic is the transfercase gone? I think I know answer or was it, is it the shifter motor or the tccm? There not happy that they almost got taken for 1200 bucks and they had to when could afford it to buy newer vehicle. Great for me but I have to assume it's the shift motor or the tccm? Love to hear if you guys think I'm correct and may go back to garage and say we won't sue if you fix this trailblazer free