TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

New to forum...please, I need help, advice...

Search this Thread

Old October 20th, 2015, 11:24 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post New to forum...please, I need help, advice...

Hi, our 2004 Trailblazer LT's tachometer stopped working. We want to remove the cluster (to take it in and replace all of the stepper motors) but we don't know how to remove the dash in order to remove the cluster. When the tach went out last year, I had found step by step dash removal instructions somewhere on this site and saved them on my computer, but lost everything when my computer crashed earlier this year. I have once again searched this site for those instructions but I'm not able to find them. Can someone please, please re-post the instructions to me ASAP? We would like to get the cluster fixed while the catalytic converter is being replaced. My husband and I would like to thank you in advance for your help/advice.
Old October 22nd, 2015, 4:19 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This might help.
Old October 23rd, 2015, 11:13 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

If you can solder, you can replace the stepper motors yourself. I did it several years ago. Not only will you save money, but you will also not have to be without the gauges while the cluster is out being repaired.