TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

"normal" running temperature

Old March 21st, 2017, 5:45 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "normal" running temperature

After the transmission woes, the running temperature went up to 212 degrees. Had the thermostat and thermostat housing replaced, coolant level is full. Bad sending unit?

Last edited by Whiskey_Sauer; March 21st, 2017 at 5:48 PM. Reason: Added image
Old March 22nd, 2017, 4:10 PM
CF Active Member

More likely the dash gauge is not accurate. I had the same issue with my 95 S-10. New thermostat, new sending unit and still gauge was off. If you can find a non-contact infrared thermometer, run the engine to operating temperature and then check the temp at the thermostat housing. Compare the temp on the dash gauge the reading you got at the thermostat. Also make sure there is no air trapped at the sending unit to give a false reading. If the dash gauge needle doesn't go past this point you should be ok to drive without worry of over heating. It it moves further, into the red, You'll probably have to dig deeper.
Old March 25th, 2017, 1:27 AM
CF Junior Member

Had it professionally checked, they concur the likelihood of a bad gauge, also suspect possible bad sensing unit. Actual running temperature well within acceptible range.

Search this Thread