TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

Help truck dying out

Search this Thread

Old November 10th, 2013, 9:33 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Help truck dying out

Traded in Infiniti and bought a 2002 Trailblazer LS as I needed a family truck the sedan wasn't cutting it anymore... Love the truck I looked at the reviews and had great reviews test drove it and it drove fine 2 days after taking it home I started it up and it died out of know where brought it to the dealer they cleaned the throttle body replaced the filter and cleaned out the hoses and then after the b*llsh*t warranty at the dealer ended was up they said bring it to Chevy dealer and I don't want to pay an arm and a leg the truck still dies out almost everyday I love the truck and don't want to get rid of the truck love the power and the room it has and want to put flowmaster exhaust and K&N intake system and a few other mods... Please help private message or reply
Old November 10th, 2013, 12:58 PM
CF Junior Member

Well I'd take it to dealer. There is many things that it can be and they'll have best idea on what it is when they pull codes and duplicate concern. You may pay for it but at least it won't be someone throwing parts at your truck guessing what they think it might be. Just my opinion though.
Old December 4th, 2013, 11:19 PM
CF Junior Member

Can you get it to start up and stay running or does it die as soon as you let off the gas? If it runs while holding the gas but dies at idle could be a fuel filter or clogged injector(s). Are you throwing any check engine lights? If so and can get them read it will help track the problem.
Old December 5th, 2013, 9:22 AM
CF Beginner

It will stay running but die out when I throttle it but the weird part is once its heated up it won't die at all... And I do get check engine lights but they go away as fast as it comes on just weird truck!!!
Old December 5th, 2013, 9:56 AM
CF Junior Member

Take your truck to auto zone or an auto parts store that can read them and see what's going on. Just cause the light is on one day and not the next doesn't mean that there are no codes. I have a 2000 ford ranger that would start up and die but run fine after a few mins as it warmed up and I tracked it down to the plugs being gaped to far. The gap for the tb is 0.040 and you can get a gap tool at the auto parts store. Hope this helps you out
Old December 23rd, 2013, 1:49 PM
CF Beginner

All good advise here, and the reality is there are too many possible reasons for your issue to list all of them here. The best place to start would be to have a big box auto store read your codes for free. Check engine light or not, check for codes anyway. If there are no codes right now, wait until the CEL comes on again and hopefully you can pull into the closest autoparts store right away and before the light goes off.