TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

No power steering 06 TB LT

Search this Thread

Old December 15th, 2013, 10:48 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No power steering 06 TB LT

Hello. A couple months ago I found a leak caused by rust on one the power steering lines. It was right up where the lines first come into the engine, above the fender well. A local shop cut out the small section where the leak was, and replaced it with a rubber hose and two metal clamps, clamped on to the existing metal lines. It worked fine for the last couple months. However, one of the clamps came loose yesterday and all of the fluid leaked out and I lost the power steering again. There was a ton of fluid on the street, so i figure most or all of the fluid got out. I replaced the clamp just now, tightened it up, and all seems good there. I went to autozone for steering fluid and they gave me Prestone No Leak fluid. I refilled the power steering container and the level is staying up. I dont see any leaks where the hose and clamps are, however I still dont have power steering in the truck. Is there an extra step to get the fluid circulating again? Do I just need to let the truck run for a longer period of time to get it going? Thanks for any help.