TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

Starts then dies... And stabilitrak message. Related??

Search this Thread

Old October 6th, 2012, 8:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starts then dies... And stabilitrak message. Related??

2006 Trailblazer is showing "stabilitrak off" when you turn the key on. It will start and run for 2-3 seconds then sputter and die. If you turn the key off and try to restart all lights on dash will turn off and it won't even turn over, no click or anything. Battery is fully charged. If I wait 2-3 mintues it will turn over and start, run for 2-3 seconds and die again. In the brief time it does run the SES light and reduced engine power lights are on. I can't drive it to get codes checked or anything. I don't have onstar service so they are no help. I took the throttle body off cleaned it and put it back on. Started up fine and drove around the block. Next morning it was doing the same thing again. Im sure this has been covered before but I can't find the exact same problem on here. Thanks for any help.
Old October 9th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon DePratt
2006 Trailblazer is showing "stabilitrak off" when you turn the key on. It will start and run for 2-3 seconds then sputter and die. If you turn the key off and try to restart all lights on dash will turn off and it won't even turn over, no click or anything. Battery is fully charged. If I wait 2-3 mintues it will turn over and start, run for 2-3 seconds and die again. In the brief time it does run the SES light and reduced engine power lights are on. I can't drive it to get codes checked or anything. I don't have onstar service so they are no help. I took the throttle body off cleaned it and put it back on. Started up fine and drove around the block. Next morning it was doing the same thing again. Im sure this has been covered before but I can't find the exact same problem on here. Thanks for any help.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Jon DePratt,

I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue with your Trailblazer vehicle. Would you please PM me the last 8-digits of your VIN, so I can see if any known issues are available within my resources?

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old October 10th, 2012, 9:43 AM
CF Beginner

Thank you. The last 8 are 62306186. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
I barrowed a code reader from my brother and it came up with P0601 "PCM check sum error" I unhooked the battery overnight and it cleared the code and ran fine for a couple days. Today though it wouldn't start when my wife went to take our son to school. Same problem again. Starts, runs for a couple seconds and dies. Won't stay running. If it is the PCM would this part be covered under the 80K emissions warranty? <o></o>
Old November 16th, 2012, 8:42 AM
CF Beginner

My 2009 Chevy Tahoe is giving me the message to serivce stabilitrak and that traction control is off. The car only has 45,000 miles on it. Does anyone know what causes this? Am I looking at a major expense? The one time I go with an American made car, I have problems! Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Old November 19th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> gkinard,

If you receive the 'Service Stabilitrak' message, it means there may be a problem with the StabiliTrak® system. If you see this message, try to reset the system. Stop; turn off the engine for at least 15 seconds; then start the engine again. If this message still comes on, it means there is a problem. You should see your GM dealer for service. The vehicle is safe to drive; however, you do not have the benefit of StabiliTrak, so reduce your speed and drive accordingly.

The traction control is associated with the Stabilitrak, when the traction is off, the system will not limit wheel spin. Adjust your driving accordingly.

I recommend consulting with a certified technician for an official diagnosis. They will be able to offer more information afte inspecting the vehicle.

Please keep us posted. If you need assistance locating a technician near you, please PM me your zip code.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old November 23rd, 2012, 3:27 PM
CF Beginner

My problem ended up being the PCM. It was covered under the 80K emissions warranty. Did you have the codes checked?