TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

Auto Trans Not Shifting; Key Stuck

Search this Thread

Old November 21st, 2011, 3:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto Trans Not Shifting; Key Stuck

I had started my TB to go home and the shifting seemed off as if it were starting from a dead stop in a high gear. Upon accelerating it didn't seem to want to upshift either (up to 70 MPH).

When I got home, the key would not turn off from the 'On' position. After some internet research regarding the ignition, I checked the ING 0 fuse and it was blown. I replaced it and key turned off like normal. I started the truck up and now the transmission seemed to be behaving properly.

My questions are, would the ignition problem affect the shifting behavior like that and also, is this problem over or is the blown fuse a symptom of a looming bigger problem that I should be prepared for?

Incidentally, much of the things I read said the blown fuse should've affected the instrument cluster, but it was fine throughout.

Thanks for any information.
Old November 22nd, 2011, 12:58 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> LippinOff,
Welcome to the forum! I am sorry to hear of your frustrations with your Trailblazer. If you would PM me your name and VIN number, I would be happy to look into this further for you. I look forward to hearing from you!

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old November 23rd, 2011, 9:07 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks, Louis. I'll get that number.

Incidentally, the fuse I had replaced the blown one with blow a couple days later. It was even a 15 amp vs. a 10.

The only thing I did between the time it was working properly and blown was warm up my car.

Drove home prior night: Everything worked fine
Next morning: Start truck and let heat up cabin (it was cold out). 10 minutes later, I get in truck to leave and fuse was blown.

The first time this happened (original post), the check engine light came on throughout, and then shut off on its own the day after replacing the fuse while driving.
Old November 23rd, 2011, 1:11 PM
CF Beginner

Ugh!! It's blown two more times! Can anyone tell me would could cause the IGN-0 fuse to blow repeatedly?
Old November 23rd, 2011, 1:29 PM
Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LippinOff
Ugh!! It's blown two more times! Can anyone tell me would could cause the IGN-0 fuse to blow repeatedly?
A short somewhere, or a bad part causing it to draw too much power.
Old November 23rd, 2011, 3:35 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Almost didn't respond due to unspecified model and year. The IGN 0 fuse feeds the automatic transmission (shift and TCC solenoids), A/T shift lever, and PCM. Look for a chafed wire shorting to ground:

PNK wire between pin E7, connector C1, rear fuse block and pin E3, connector C2, underhood fuse block
PNK wire between pin D2, connector C1, underhood fuse block and pin E, connector at the A/T
PNK wire, pin F, connector at the A/T shift lever
PNK wire, pin 75 (5.3L) or 21 (4.2L), connector C1 at the PCM
Old November 23rd, 2011, 4:01 PM
Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice EinST!