TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

Trailblazer vs Explorer

Search this Thread

Old August 21st, 2006, 11:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailblazer vs Explorer

Currently own an 04 Ford Explorer which has given me trouble the whole time I've had it,,new transmission at 40k, new rear end at 85k,,,

was interested in maybe purchasing a Trailblazer,,,anyone give me some advice? surely it has got to be better than the Explorer..

also do you think the '07 could have a bench seat from maybe a Silverado,,
Old August 27th, 2006, 3:00 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Trailblazer vs Explorer

I have owned both the Exploder and the Trailblazer, both of vehciles fully loaded with darn near every option available.

The Trailblazer has more get up and go and more creature cumforts. The Exploder is a little bit larger. I am still in the frist week of ownership of the Trailblazer, but so far I love it! I had several problems with Ford Service and figured I could not do any worse. (Except with Nissan. I will never own another Nissan again!) The trailblazer's little features like the seat adjustments, split airconditioning controls(better known as marriage saver) are winning me over quickly! The controls on the consol are all easy to reach.

The only complaint is the cab is not as wide as the Exploder. The gas mileage is a little better on the Trailblazer too.

Both SUVs are good vehciles, I lean a little more in favor of the Trailblazer. Hopefully Chevy Service is a lot better then Ford! (Service was the main reason for my change in vehicles. I did not want a debate at the Ford service department of how much I had used my waranty, I want to know how long before I get my vehicle back. Also, How much I used my Ford waranty was not a good thing!)
Old August 27th, 2006, 11:09 PM
CF Beginner

I hate Ford!
Old August 30th, 2006, 10:55 PM
CF Beginner

My chevy is AWESOME, kicks the crap out of ford, I have always thought the explorer was a little cheesy, I am trying to get someone to take over my lease on my Trailblazer right now because I NEED pickup truck for the owrk im doing now, if your intersted chek out the classified ads here on the forum.....
Old May 13th, 2007, 4:56 PM
CF Beginner

I own a 2006 TB LT fully loaded, I'm very happy with my car. My friend has a ford explorer andhe is suffering with it. I mean the car is as comfortable as my TB, also the agent here is really bad. My friend tried many times to exchange cars with me and he will give even some amount of money for that, but, hell Noooo

In my opinon go for the TB man.
Old May 14th, 2007, 8:39 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Though I am a GM guy now, I have several friends with 99, 00, and 02 explorers that have been very reliable with no less than 120K miles and still on original trannys with No major mechanical failures. Not sure how the newer explorers will stack up.
Old May 16th, 2007, 12:49 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

look at an Equinox, Trailblazers are on the way out and you cant get an extended model anymore new, that is why thxmiker is saying his exploder is bigger, the Equinox has lots of creature comforst and is starts about 10 grand cheaper, the only down side VRS the Equinox is the Equinox is full time AWD, the Tblazer has 4 settings, 4lo, 4hi, 2wd and and auto 4wd setting, The equinox is only 1inch shorter the the Exploder and has a sliding back seat that moves about 8 inches giving huge leg room or more cargo,

Not as much get up and go as the Tblazer but much better fuel milage, over 30 on hte highway for AWD, Canada gallons anyhow, for Ridethe Tblazer is smother, but the Equinox is more nimble around town, no body roll the SUVs are prone for, roof is lower and it is a bit wider.....

Anyhow food for thought, if your looking on Tblazer, go with it, it has more power, better on gas then the Exploder, should have onstar standard in an 07 aswell as XM, and stibiltrak, which Ford cant even offer.

I think towing is better on the Tblazer as well. I do like the looks of the new explorer tho...over the Tblazer, like the Equinox over the Exploder.

Oh ya and here in BC anyhow the Equinox is 0% for 5 years teh tblazer is .9 retail on Equinox is 32 -40 for loaded and Tblazer is 41-54 loaded